This Week I'm Sharing...
From GoodReads:
"A sophisticated page-turner about a wealthy New York family embroiled in a financial scandal with cataclysmic consequences. Now that he's married to Merrill Darling, daughter of billionaire financier Carter Darling, attorney Paul Ross has grown accustomed to New York society and all of its luxuries: a Park Avenue apartment, weekends in the Hamptons, bespoke suits. When Paul loses his job, Carter offers him the chance to head the legal team at his hedge fund. Thrilled with his good fortune in the midst of the worst financial downturn since the Great Depression, Paul accepts the position.
But Paul's luck is about to shift: a tragic event catapults the Darling family into the media spotlight, a regulatory investigation, and a red-hot scandal with enormous implications for everyone involved. Suddenly, Paul must decide where his loyalties lie-will he save himself while betraying his wife and in-laws or protect the family business at all costs?"
My Thoughts:
This was actually the book I chose for book club. I read it in October, but I'm writing this now because our group just met last night, and I didn't want them knowing my opinions before we met! (Hi ladies!)This is like reading about Bernie Madoff, from the insider's perspective.
I was confused for a good portion of the book. I didn't understand some of the language (lots of finance and/or law terms). Alger used a lot of pronouns, so I was confused as to who was speaking at points. And
there were so many characters that I had to make a chart just to keep them straight in my head, but they all intertwined in the end. It was told from several viewpoints, which I really enjoyed. Definitely a quick and very interesting read- great insight into high society New York.
What are you reading?


I am an avid reader and love to hear about new book suggestions. Like you, I don't love books with too many characters that are not clearly defined. Will look it up on Amazon as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog :-0
ReplyDeletewww.not-going-out-like-that.com
I might have to add this to my reading list!
ReplyDelete