Last Wednesday night I got so much accomplished compared to most nights. I fixed my purse and my blush case (the handle was a bit broken up and falling apart so I superglued it all back together, and the plastic cover on my blush was off, so I superglued that back on too), I uploaded pics from the last 3 months, I caught some of "Extreme Couponing" (post about that coming soon!), and I finally picked out my 30 items for the 30 in 30 Remix challenge. It felt great to finish some of the things I've been putting off for so long. So I've contructing a small list of goals for April.
1. Go to the dentist!
C has been on my ass about this one for about a month. I hate the dentist, but I haven't gone in over 2 years sooo....yeah, I need to go!
2. Read more.
I have a list of books that I want to read, and two of them before the movie comes out! But first up- continuing The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I lose motivation quickly though, so I have to stay focused on this one because I am not apt to read on my morning commute- and sometimes too tired by the end of the day!
3. Be more creative.
In what I wear (yay remix!), and with certain projects. I have a scrapbook that I bought that's sitting in my closet collecting dust. There's the stuff for the gift baskets I plan on putting together sitting in my dining room. I have a "HomeMaker Notebook" with magazine clippings of cleaning and organization tips, coupons (old and new), fashion inspiration, craft ideas!!, etc. that is sitting half put together also in the dining room.
4. Remove clutter from my life.
I love organizing things and going through my wardrobe to get rid of clothes/shoes/accessories that I no longer wear. Whether that means selling it or giving it away, I want to get it out. Also, I would like to clean up my computer- organize photos, songs, get rid of some of the junk, etc.
5. Figure out my future.
A heavy one, but necessary. I need to figure out if I want to stay working where I currently am and focus on getting ready for and into grad school, or if it's time to move on. And then I need to start actively pursuing whichever I choose.
6. Eat out less.
C and I eat out at least twice a week. And though we have gift cards and coupons for some eateries, we're often not eating at those places! I think we're in a bit of a dinner rut as well. However, I do have a bunch of recipes I've been collecting, so maybe it's time to bust them out,...at least one or two to start with and add some variety to our regular menu!
7. Open a Savings Account.
Pretty self explanatory. But now that my tax refund came in (woot woot!), I really want to put it somewhere less accessible than...ooh can't tell ya! But yeah, need to put it away away.
8. Make a budget (and stick to it).
I already kind of started this one. Sticking to it is going to be the kicker though!
I will report back periodically and at the end of the month. Do you have any monthly goals?

Great post! I feel so motivated now. My goals are very similar, so thanks for making the list for me. ;)
ReplyDeleteThe budget thing is so freakin' hard b/c even though the cost of living here in TX is low, things are quickly becoming more expensive.