Sunday, April 17, 2011

April Goals Update and Where'd My Money Go?

(To see my original April Goals post, please go here.)

Updates:
1. Go to the dentist!
I have talked to coworkers to find the least painful a good dentist in our area under our plan. I have the name and number, and will be calling on Monday.

2. Read more.
Read "Living Dead Girl" by Elizabeth Scott in 2 days. Huzzah!

3. Be more creative.
Continued 30 in 30 Remix Challenge. Threw a baby shower.

4. Remove clutter from my life.
Done: Cleaned up iTunes. I think. In progress: washing all our throw blankets before putting in a vacuum bag for storage. Next: Organizing pics on computer.

5. Figure out my future.
Went to a course on event planning at The Learning Annex. Left more confused about my future, but at least did something to learn more about this option.

6. Eat out less.
Chose to eat leftovers twice this week when C ordered out. Only ate out once, and that was because I was out late with a friend, and she had never had NY pizza...smh. Huzzah!

7. Open a High Yield Savings Account.
I was planning on doing this yesterday. But then I saw my checking account balance and noted my overspending as of late (which also prompted this post). So I'll have to wait a little bit. Fail.

8. Make a Budget (and stick to it).
Please see above. Fail x 2. Hmph.
-----------------------------------------------------

Bills
$237.08 - Comcast
$310 - loan repayment
$86.28 - cell phone
$15.00 - bank fees
Total: $648.36

Extras
Entertainment
$0
Shopping
$90.90 - Anthropologie dress
$166.61 - Target (Baby Shower presents, Godson presents, and misc.)
$9.62 - Bath and Body Works
$39.48 - Bed Bath and Beyond
$17.00 - Barbie tea set (C is actually paying me back for this one since it is a present for his Goddaughter- I just bought it because he was working and couldn't get to a computer before it potentially sold out)
Total: $323.61

Other
$58.45 - The Learning Annex (event planning class)
$7.00 - Metrocard
$7.15 - 2 slices of pizza
$20.00 - drinks
$145.00 - misc. bank fees
$24.87 - Post Office (sending the presents I bought my friend and Goddson)
Total: $262.47

Grand Total: $1234.44

I have decided that I hate "Where'd My Money Go?" segments. Or rather, I hate breaking down the numbers and finding out how and where I overspent. In my defense, this includes the last 2 weeks (because I hate this process!).

In other defenses, I bought (and sent) a lot of overdue presents for people. I'm glad I finally bought and sent them. The dress was necessary for a wedding I have coming up in mid-May. It's gorgeous. And I really couldn't wear one of the dresses from my closet because everyone going to this wedding has seen those that are appropriate for a beach wedding at previous beach weddings. (Does that sentence make sense? I hope so.)

Also, I got a lot of bang for my buck at Bath and Body Works. They had a sale on their candles (which we would normally buy anyway, because they have awesome scents). Usually, they are $19.50 each. The sale price was $10 each. And I had a Groupon for $15 for $30 worth of products. WHAT! So of course I got 3. And then a $1 body lotion (I couldn't resist!). So really, all I paid for was the lotion and shipping. HOLLA!

And the class (and Metrocard to get to/from it) was for my future- so I could learn more specifics about event planning and if that's a direction I really want to go into. It looks really exciting, so of course now I'm more confused about that.

And while I was there I ran into a bloggy friend (Hi Mandy!). That was awesome. And we had to eat- so we got pizza. And then drinks, because hanging out was fun.

I don't really have a good excuse for spending so much at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's always the Beyond that gets us. I did buy part of my mom's Mother's Day present, so that's good. And the belt hook and pantry organizer were necessary for my sanity. We did use the 20% off one item coupon though! Yay? No? Ok fine...hmph.

Maybe I'll do better next week.

2 comments:

  1. The $30 we spent on pizza and drinks was well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely!!! It was so great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete