Sunday, February 13, 2011

Netflix? And Saving Money

I do not like it when people comment about how much they *hate* Netflix because they chose to order stupid crappy movies. Uhhmm...hello? you can choose  what movies you get. If you chose a stupid crappy movie, it's no one's fault but your own, so stop blaming Netflix! They give you options they think you like, but no one is forcing you to order them. Sheesh.

I love Netflix. You don't have to go to any stores, there are no return fees, you can get whatever movies you want, delivered right to your door!

However, I just downgraded our Netflix service in a quest to save money. I was spending $15 on the 2-movie-unlimited- monthly plan. But how many movies can you really watch in a month? Well, I don't know about you, but here there are so many movies online, or on TV (I don't really mind commercials, especially if I record them and then ff through them!), or in the theater (yes, sometimes we still make it to the theater!), that 2 (plus unlimited online) was a bit much. (Plus, they had recently raised the price.) So it was an easy decision to switch to the 1-per-month (and no online) plan. It saved $10! Which may not seem like much, but when you save $10 here, and $20 there, it adds up.

I was also able to save money on my commute by transferring at a different point. It makes my commute longer, and had to slightly alter my work schedule, but I was able to save $115. Umm...cha-ching! I decided to try it this month since it's the shortest. We'll see if I'm able to keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I love Netflix! I recently got a coworker to join it because she had been spending $10 a piece on $1/night Redbox movies because she didn't take them back - and now she's complaining that Netflix is too expensive? Um, you're the dork who wasn't taking movies back!

    Anyway - I totally feel ya on saving money! We have the 1-disc unlimited, and hubby wanted to even go just to streaming only - I think we can spare the extra $1/month for the discs when we want! haha.

    ReplyDelete