Hi friends! Since I've been a bit MIA I wanted to join Shay and Schaeffer for a recap of all the things goin on lately!
What I'm Eating... Don'tcha hate it when a restaurant (or in my case a fast food chain) gets rid of your favorite dish? I've been missing my Taco Bell spicy chicken burritos for awhile now, when lo and behold I found a copycat recipe on Pinterest and it's so good! This recipe will definitely be repeated since it's so easy (especially when you use leftover shredded chicken)!
This I plan to try this creamy garlic salmon pasta, these crockpot Swedish meatballs over egg noodles, and these oven baked chili cheese dogs- man, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
What I'm Reminiscing About... bigger vacations in general, but especially our last "flight" vacation to Jamaica 2019. Who knew then that would be our last international trip for awhile?! I remember I was SO COLD at Dunn's River Falls, but has so much fun too!
What I'm Loving... right now, my last day working remote! We go back to fully in office next week. I'm going to treat myself to a little lunchtime walk over to the library and lunch from this Italian deli around the corner from me which is never open when I get back from work!
What I've Been Up To... Blue and I shared a 7-year anniversary! We both love "experiences," so she took me to a wine-making class followed by a scrumptious dinner at a new-to-us restaurant, and I took her to a wine and pasta tasting. As I told my friend, "Great minds think of wine!"
What I'm Working On... decluttering! I just got rid of 5 boxes of "stuff" and I feel so much lighter! Definitely nice to see some more of my closets and floors again haha!
What I'm Watching... Let It Snow - Netflix
I'm a BIG fan of book-to-film adaptations. In most cases, I'll wait to watch the movie version until after I've finished the book but when this movie came out in 2019, I couldn't contain myself and HAD to watch it. Luckily for me (I guess?) I have horrible memory, so I didn't have a problem watching the movie again right after I finished reading the book earlier this month.What I'm Reading... I just finished Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Bath Pattillo for Erin's Book Challenge and it was pretty good, though I wanted a bit more from the ending. Here are the others I read in January:
What I'm Listening To... Billy Bossa Nova - Billy Eilish
Loving this calming track that I actually Shazamed from a TV show (though I don't remember which one... maybe SATC?) I don't really like Eilish as a person/pop icon, but her voice can't be denied!
What I'm Doing This Weekend... nothing on the books yet, but I have a Groupon for some bourbon tasting, so maybe that!
What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month... a weekend getaway with 10 of my favorite people! We are heading to an Airbnb in the woods. I've actually never gone away for the weekend with this group but I can't wait. We're already starting to get a menu together haha!
What Else Is New... Blue got a new job! After several months of being unemployed she landed a fully remote program management position with a small company and I'm so excited for her! She said she really likes the vibe of the company and is looking forward to getting into a routine again.
And that's it! What's up with you?
No comments:
Post a Comment