Friday, July 26, 2019

10 Summer Must Haves

Happy Friday friends! We are now fully into summer, and it's been hot, hot HOT in these parts lately! I'm super excited to be going to see John Mayer TONIGHT, celebrating Blue's birthday and heading to the beach on Sunday, with our friends joining us for a "sand flu" day on Monday! It's going to be a busy weekend but I can't wait! I also figured it was a good time to share some of my summer must haves! To see some others, here's the original link-up. 


Image result for summer must haves
{via}

Sandals/water shoes: Every year my friends and I go rafting down the Delaware River, and each year I need to buy new water shoes! I get cheap ones like these $5 ones from K-Mart that I don't mind throwing out afterwards. They can get pretty grody after a day spent in the river, but they're totally necessary especially since we usually get out and walk around the stones on the sides of the river, which are extremely hot and slippery! 

Sunscreen: A "duh"  one, but I must admit I haven't always been good about wearing sunscreen (unless it's in my moisturizer) because I don't burn easily. However I think my skin is starting to change because I noticed that the top of my nose and forehead were flaky after the day in the sun. My favorite is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist because it doesn't feel sticky. 

Bug Repellent/Bands: For some reason, I always get eaten alive as soon as summer hits. I think I read somewhere that they like my blood type more than others, but not sure if that's true or not. I always seem to get bit way more than anyone else around me though, so I wear Off! Family Care Smooth and Dry or the Bugables rubber bands that are reusable up to 7 days basically any time I plan to spend time outdoors. I bought the individually packaged bands for everyone in our camping group this year and they loved them! 



Tea Tree Oil: This is my #1 summer must have- relief for those pesky mosquito bites! I have tried everything else, those Afterbite and Benadryl itch relief sticks, hydrocortisone cream, calamine lotion, etc. and nothing works for me besides a dab of tea tree oil on a cotton pad. 

Spray Deodorant: Usually I'm a stick deodorant kinda gal, but I like keeping this dry spray in the car and beach bag for those times I need a little extra or to freshen up. Not to mention that I don't mind sharing this (as opposed to a stick), and the cool spray just feels nice!  


A Cute Coverup: I love loose fitting, semi-sheer pull-over style coverups with a little more coverage for my back and shoulders, but how pretty is the white and gold beading on the back of this Roxy one? I'm currently selling it on Poshmark!



Beach Chair: I've always been a fan of beach chairs. When I was younger, I liked the camp ones that folded up and came in a little bag with a shoulder strap from grabbing and going. Nowadays I prefer the slightly bigger, more durable (and more expensive) Tommy Bahamas ones with the neck pillow, towel bar, and cooler bag attached to the back. And pockets! So many pockets! 

Sunglasses: I have the hardest time finding sunglasses because my face is fairly narrow. I also throw my sunglasses around and they get scratched up, so I don't buy expensive sunnies, I stick to ones from Old Navy. Mine are below, similar here.

Bright Nail Polish: If you're going to be showing your toes, please, PLEASE paint them. I can't stand naked toes! And especially for shades that I may only wear for one season, I prefer mini collections like this Pride Collection from Ulta. 



And a bonus (and because it's Friday), you always need some good tunes! I tried to steer clear of the popular ones I've been hearing on the radio constantly and I really like a reggae-ish beat, so here's my Summer 2019 Playlist! 



Zoom- DNCE
We Don't Care- Sigala, The Vamps
Wild- LOLO
Guru- Coast Modern
Sun In Our Eyes- Mo, Diplo
Only One- Sigala, Digital Farm Animals, Brookes Brothers
365- Zedd, Katy Perry
Clean Eyes- SYML
Capsize- FRENSHP, Emily Warren
Wild Heart- Factuel, Provi, Desiree Dawson
Homisexual- Tayla Parx
Happy Days- Blink 182
On A Roll- Ashley O
Losing It Over You- Matoma, Ayme
No Way No- Magic
Memories- Thutmose
Sweet but Psycho- Ava Max
Home With You- Madison Beer
Street Signs- Ozomatli
Celebrate- MIKA, Pharell Williams, Ryan Riback



What are some of your summer must haves? 
What are you up to this weekend?
Linking up with The Peaceful Posse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment