Friday, October 6, 2017

What's New With Me/Currently

This month was a busy one! But there was a lot of great food, meeting people, and a few firsts, so it was pretty awesome! And I even remembered to take pics! 

First up was my first Dueling Pianos show and it was so, so much fun! I think my favorite part was when they were making fun of audience members lol. Or when a guy who looked like a cast member from Duck Dynasty requested Notorious B.I.G.  I can't wait to go back next month!


Attended the First Annual Bergen County Food and Wine Festival. It was... underwhelming. First of all it was held in a mall parking lot. It was a 2-day festival, and we went on "Burgers and Brews" day. But they only had like 3 beers (and sample sizes) and some sliders. Meh. 


Kept up with tradition and went to the San Gennaro Italian Festival in Little Italy. We planned it terribly though. Last year we went after work on a random like, Tuesday and it was great. We got food, walked around, and even rode the ferris wheel. This year we decided to go on a Saturday before my friend's show. IT WAS HORRIBLE. It was waaaay too hot and we could barely walk. So we randomly found a restaurant on a side street that had deep fried calzones so Blue was sold. I actually had no idea it was an iconic pizza place until right now when I was looking for the link!


My friend (in the middle) came in from Ohio to do a show with her sisters, so I finally got to hear her singing live! They mostly do covers, and they were excellent!


Celebrated a house warming/divorce party with the little lady in the middle here. We carried her present- a new TV- to the bar lol. But she cried and was so grateful and that made me happy :)


I was able to meet up with fellow blogger Alex and her husband KC for dinner and drinks when they were in town on vacation. So great to finally meet them! Blogging- bringing friends together! 


Attended my first Oktoberfest event! I was sad that there was only one couple in lederhosen lol. Those potato pancakes were delicious! (And that's Sam Adams Oktoberfest, NOT Bud Light!)



Styling: This 3/4 roll-sleeve shirt that I found on a clearance rack at Target. I've been wearing it everywhere- it's so comfortable! (Seen also above with Alexandra.)


Searching: For a new couch. I currently have 2 but they've seen better days and they're taking up too much space. I want a sectional like the one below.


Saving: Recipes! Budget Bytes is still my favorite- I have yet to try one and not have it come out great!

broccoli mac n cheese with bacon. Sounds weird, but so good!

Making: Well, nothing right now but planning to make GoT House flags as decorations for our annual Halloween party!




What's new with you?
Linking up with Anne, Dana, Kristen, and Gretch!

10 comments:

  1. A house warming/divorce party sounds like such an awesome idea for someone who is transitioning into a new path in their lives. That would be a great celebration.
    I absolutely love your outfit! It's still a bit warm here to wear anything but short sleeves and shorts. We are sweating here in my part of Canada. Isn't that weird?! And we will be celebrating Thanksgiving on the weekend!
    PS. I want those pretzels and a cold beer right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, what a great month you had! Also I love that you threw your friend a housewarming/divorce party. THOSE are the kinds of friends every gal needs in her life <3 <3 <3 and how sweet of you all to chip in to buy a TV.

    I haven't been to the San Gennero fest in AGES because it got so damn crowded over the years. But the food is always so good! Many happy memories there :)

    Also I love love love your outfit in that pic! And that couch looks like mine except mine is brown (which I hate, but we went with a darker color because dogs) and it's covered in about 10 inches of pet hair, lol.

    XOXO and hope you have a great weekend, my sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dueling Pianos is so fun, I haven't been to one in such a long time! And I think that's awesome that you had a party with your friend going through divorce, transitions are hard and it's good to have someone to lean on.
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a great month, and meeting up with a lot of friends too! Yay for meeting Alex and her husband; I love her and her blog! That had to have been fun.

    The Dueling Piano show sounds like an awesome time. Thanks for sharing.


    I miss planning Halloween parties; it's been a few years. I'm having a Halloween movie night tomorrow though so I might have to do a few fun things!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so fun to get to meet other bloggers in person! And the color of that shirt is gorgeous on you - what a great find. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only three beers at a food festival? That stinks! It is so cool that you got to meet Alex!!! I love seeing bloggers meeting up when they travel. Such an awesome community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lederhosen makes me laugh.

    Hurrah for meetups!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have been having good times! Jana and I went to a dueling piano bar last fall--so fun! I love the idea of a house warming/divorce party. Such a positive way to move on and spend time with the people who really matter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dueling piano shows! They seem like such a lame idea, but I've had fun every time I've gone. I'm glad you loved it too! Again, I'm always so envious of everything you eat and drink. Haha!

    ReplyDelete