I thought June would be quiet, but we had plans every.single.weekend (and it continues until the next week- oof). Like I said I enjoy being outside, especially in summer, but having plans can be quite draining with no breaks in between! We started out strong the first weekend with a local craft brew festival. I tried a bunch of new stuff, and loved that it was local- no crazy commute back home!
![]() |
| loved the slogan on that brewery! |
The following weekend I had a double-header because I'm a poor planner and Michael and I had Groupons for Yonkers Brewing Co. that were about to expire and Blue and I had a birthday party to attend that night. The food was better than I expected, the beer was so-so. Que sera sera.
![]() |
| brews on brews |
![]() |
| birthday shenanigans |
The next day I met my mom and some of her church friends bright an early for a sailing trip in NYC. It was a gorgeous day and we had a great time laying back and eating lunch while the crew did the hard work in and around the Hudson River. It also happened to be the same day as the Pride parade (which I didn't participate in), so her church offered a huge (free) feast, including lots of wine. Her church has lots of free events, because they are kind of a big deal. Maybe you've heard of it- the famous Trinity Church on Wall St? She volunteers there and everyone knows her, so we were welcomed with open arms. I was kind of floored that there is a church that not only welcomes the LGBT community, but actually endorses them and plans events just for that group. So we stopped in there, then moseyed on over to Le District on the waterfront to eat and drink some more while the sun set. Perfect ending to the day.
![]() |
| flower display by Le District |
I was off from work the last week in June, and did a whole lot of resting and cleaning. My AC, bathtub faucet and toilet broke, so I was home when the landlords came to fix those, which was pretty annoying since they came early on 3 separate days. Grumble. But at least it got me moving around instead of wasting my days off completely. On Wednesday, I met up with Blue, her sister and her cousin to go see U2 on their Joshua Tree tour at Metlife Stadium. We were up in the nosebleed section (really- the second row from the top!), so we couldn't see much, but we didn't mind too much because her sister had packed us jello shots which we pre-gamed with in the parking lot.
![]() |
| the stage/backgrounds were really cool |
So tell me friends- what did I miss? What's new with you?











It looks like you've been having a fun summer! All of those beer events look so much fun! I love beer festivals!
ReplyDeleteBeth
http://www.thebethnextdoor.com
So many fun things! Let's get some plans on the books for July before all your weekends poof vanish again.
ReplyDeleteI love when I see inclusivity in places I don't expect to, like churches especially. There was a Lutheran (I think) church I used to run past in Montclair that always had a rainbow flag out, and Riverside Church around the corner from me has a big sign outside about how everyone, from everywhere, is safe and welcome there. I'm not a church-going person myself, but seeing that kind of thing makes me happy about the places I live.
What a fun month!! You did so many things!
ReplyDeleteSounds like such a fun month! I would love to see Train in concert - their new album is amazing!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I have a lot of concerts in August actually, but none this month, which is fine. I need to make some time for other fun summer events. I feel like weekends in the summer often DO pile up!
ReplyDelete-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net
wait, so did you ever get your food at that one place?! i have always wanted to do a Brew at the Zoo as well, but same thing here, expensive and sells out quickly (not much to do in kentucky haha). oh my gosh the jello shots! hilarious. i've been at the very last row of a stadium before, and it was one of my favourite concerts. the view sucked, but we had a great time.
ReplyDeletethat church sounds totally awesome! i am not generally a church fan, but that really is so cool, especially because you wouldn't expect it.
Looks like a really fun month! I think everyone is having trouble keeping up with the blog world lately! I know I keep falling in and out. That's why this link up is a great catch up :)
ReplyDeletelove how active you've been. so many good things in this post. looks like you had a really good month.
ReplyDeleteYou are the busiest fucking bee.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm going to make a 2018 To Do list because I wanted to join in on SEVERAL of these events but this year all mine seemed to be taking place in NY.
Brews and zoos. Ugh.. 2 of my faves.