Monday, January 25, 2016

Weekending: The Snowed In Edition

Hey hey! Happy Monday! Or maybe happy for me because thanks to Winter Storm Jonas, my job is closed today, so I get an extra snow day! Woot woot! This weekend I was camped out at Blue's apartment, but today I'm back home and ready to get alllll the organizing and purging and cleaning done. Or at east that's the plan,.. we'll see how much of that actually  gets done. Anyway, here are some other things from the weekend!

On Thursday, Blue and I headed out to Caroline's in NYC to see Whitney Cummings. She is my favorite comedian, and I was absolutely thrilled to get the opportunity to see her, and at such a popular and well-established venue. Though I will say that it was CROWDED. We had to get there an hour early to get our will-call tickets, and they called out groups in the order you picked up your tickets. I was really happy to get a booth, but there was a table of 6 in front of us, and we spent at least half the night alternating between wanting to kill the couple closest to us and laughing at their awkwardness. They were definitely on a date, and the guy's laugh was over the top and annoying, and the canoodling was gross. #getaroom  Oh, and the waitress forgot to charge us for food, which was just as well since it was nasty. Cold chicken and onion rings that were more breading dripping in oil than anything. Ick. But Whitney was awesome, even though she was under the weather.


On Friday night, Blue and I met my friends Marissa and Deep to get our Star Wars movies back at an awesome speakeasy in the city. The place, The Ship NYC, had no sign, and was located down a flight of stairs on a really quiet street near Chinatown. It was small and intimate, and the drinks were perfectly mixed, though a tad pricey. But it was so worth it. I got the Baker's Dozen (or three), a cocktail with Bourbon, tawny port wine, brown sugar, chocolate bitters, stirred, served on the rocks. Amazeballs. But I'm not kidding when I say small- we got there at 6, and there was no seating by 7:05. We followed drinks up with a vegan dimsum place nearby. It was the perfect follow-up. 4 of us were completely full for only $40! 


Oh and Marissa forgot that they had already gotten me a birthday present, so I got more goodies! A catchall and a coaster with witty sayings, and a "can-dom" that rolls up to keep your can of beer cold. She knows me so well :)

As you may have have heard, the Northeast got ROCKED by Winter Storm Jonas. The flakes started snowing late on Friday night, and continued mercilessly for 24 hours. The below pic was taken around 10AM. In total, we got around 2 feet of snow. We were prepared though- we were fully stocked with coffee, frozen pizza, wine, and snacks. And what does one do when living in an apartment complex in a snow storm? Throw a party, natch. Blue's neighbors came over around 7 and we played Jerseyopoly (Jersey-centric Monopoly), and drank. A lot. And then someone got the bright idea to open the patio door and start making boob prints in the snow. I'm not kidding. FB post from Blue: "That awkward moment when the neighbors decide to press their boobs in the snow on your deck and a monstrous snowball fight ensues in your living room ‪#‎soggysocks‬ ‪#‎yourecutoff‬ ‪#‎savetheboobies‬"

Of course we forgot to get the shovel... which was on the other side of the deck
drinks, games, debauchery
That part about the indoor snowball fight was also true. I hid in the back room, because I hate being cold and wet. Blue was sooo mad. But then they shoveled her living room, and she threw the one who started it in the snow. There's a video, but I can't figure out how to upload it from FB, so pics will have to do. Just trust me that it was absolutely hilarious.
Blue assessing the damage from the indoor snowball fight
Sunday started with brunch at another neighbor's place with mimosas (hair of the dog), shoveling, cleaning, eating my weight in carbs, and watching Grey's Anatomy (from the beginning- I never watched it!) in my Paul Frank onesie with wine. And then around 8 I got the text about work being closed today. It was the perfect ending to the weekend. 
wine damage (6, 1/2 bottle of bourbon, and 1/2 bottle of vodka/
onesie and wine/ cat cuddles

Did your area get smacked down by Jonas? How was your weekend? Linking up with the lovely Biana! 

7 comments:

  1. The next snow storm, I want to be with you two!! What fun!! I was hoping we would get more snow so that I too would get a snow day but that didn't happen. We got like 5 inches which really is nothing. Right? I totally have left my shovel on my balcony, that is the worst. Hope you are enjoying your SNOW DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like sooo much fun! Have an awesome snow day! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing comedians perform!!! SO glad you didn't get charged for the nasty food. It is always entertaining to see weird couples out in public hahaha. People watching is one of my favorite activities.

    You guys got HIT with some snow, didn't you??? Snow fight indoors? I would be pissed! That stuff melts and makes a mess haha. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend!! Snow days for the win!! Greys Anatomy is awesome, I have wanted to see Whitney Cummings for awhile, hopefully she will come to Chicago soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your snowed in supplies involved booze, such a brilliant idea to have a party.
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad Whitney was good! She's definitely on my list of comedians to see. Two feet of snow is so unfathomable to me! We're lucky if we get a few inches once a year. I love that you turned it into such a fun weekend. I wouldn't mind getting snowed in for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i followed the storm on IG and the news. it was weird because it's usually us canadians struggling with the snow but this time around, we got warm weather and sunshine! hope you guys dug yourselves out alright.

    ReplyDelete