Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Weekend Updates

Friday:
I had planned to come home and take care of some bidness. Instead, Blue and I decided to grab a Crave Case from White Castle and some beers, and watch Divergent. Best. Decision. Ever. I really don't remember the last time I had White Castle, and the movie stayed pretty true to the book. (Though honestly, I wouldn't have known about Christina/Will without reading it- that part fell short. And I had pictured a totally different looking Four- he was much cuter in my head. But I digress.)

Crave cases + beer

Saturday:
Grocery shopping for Superbowl treats, cleaning, more White Castle followed directly by pancakes (#fatassstatus), a 3 hour blackout, and meeting Blue's bff, Mark. He was really cool- and we bonded over pizza, bourbons, and (then watched) The Big Lebowski, which Blue had never seen. I don't even know how that's possible, but at least she liked it.

Sunday:
Headed to Elysian Cafe in Hoboken with my girl Chiquita. We finally got to catch up on all the life updates before she heads down to VA this weekend. It's weird that when people are close byand you have the ability to see them, you don't, but as soon as the threat of them moving arises, you make a conscience effort. But I'm glad we finally got to hang out just us. 

After brunch, we headed to Farside. I love bars that have outdoor fireplaces. It was completely empty, which meant great service, full control over the music, and quiet enough where we could continue to get our drink on and chat. 

fireside dranks

After a few hours there, she offered to drop me home, but since I was going to a Superbowl party by Blue, we just went there. We watched Law and Order SVU, and Blue taught Chiquita how to play guitar. The outtakes are absolutely hysterical. And I was really happy that they got along so well!

Chiqui learning guitar
Obviously we also watched the Superbowl. What the hell was with all those depressing commercials? And why is everyone all over the Left Shark? Other than the fact that I thought he was doing the Macarena instead of the routine, I don't really get all the hype. Also... HOW DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW WHO MISSY ELLIOTT IS???!!! That was by far my favorite part of the Superbowl. Well that, and that ridiculous catch by Jermaine Kearse. And don't get me started on those last two minutes. It was actually painful to watch. Le sigh.

How was your weekend?

 

4 comments:

  1. Missy Elliott was the belle of the ball in my opinion! I LOVED seeing her on there. Throwback! I agree with you on Four from Divergent too, but he has grown on me now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun weekend. I'd love a bar with a fireplace too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend!!

    Really how has one not seen big lebowski??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy saved that super bowl halftime. It was the best!

    ReplyDelete