Last Thursday I took the day off and went to Governor's Island to watch the USA vs. Germany game. Though they didn't win, it was still a great venue to watch the game. I went to Governor's Island for the first time
last year (sorry, some of the pics seem to be MIA; I'll try to update that!), however this time it was totally different because I went to the "Beach Club" area. I went in on the first ferry (10AM) in order to snag seats for my group of friends, which was a good idea because people were literally running to the area once the 11AM boat arrived! There was lots of food, beer, picnic tables, and of course sand! It was a great time and I definitely want to go back to see the rest of the island, as I hear that now they also have food courts and hammocks (but you have to get there early to snag one)! Here's a peak at my day there:
 |
| At 10AM the staff was still setting up- the "beach" is in the back |
 |
| Gotta love spaces with disco balls! |
 |
| Red White and Blue |
 |
| View of NYC skyline vs. the giant TV |
 |
| Tented area where the viewing was held |
 |
| Double trouble #mine #notsharing |
 |
| Hard to see, but the place was PACKED! |
It was a great time and I can't wait to go back!
LOVE disco balls!! And I'm loving all the cool views! Sounds like fun too! =)
ReplyDeletewhaaat! thats awesome! were drinks insanely priced??
ReplyDeletethis sounds like so much fun! anywhere with disco balls is bound to be a blast.
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! YES to the disco ball!
ReplyDeleteIt does look packed! Fun though!
ReplyDelete