1. My morning Cup of Joe
I cannot fathom getting Starbucks or DD every day. I would go completely broke. Also, I need my coffee RIGHT AWAY. I don't pass any coffee shops on my way to the train, and you know when I like to drink it? ON THE TRAIN. And if I need more, well, there's free coffee/tea/hot chocolate at work. Stopping at Starbucks or DD is a treat... and I like it that way.
2. Shipping
With all the free shipping options and coupon codes out there, I refuse to pay for shipping.
3. Books
First of all, there's this crazy place called a library. And you know what? They STILL lend you books fo FREE! I remember when I showed up at book club with a library book, and my friend scoffed at me. But you know what? I didn't even really like the book- why would I want it in my collection? If I do like a book, and neeeeeed to own it, there's a website called paperbackswap.com. And it's awesome. Free books for all! Oh, you're looking for an e-book? My friend told me about this other site Smart Bookworms and they have free e-books. I'm never paying for a book again!

4. Fancy Planner
Ok, ok. I get it. Erin Condren has this fancy schmancy LIFE planner. With stickers and colorful tabs, and blah blah blah. Yeah, it's gorgeous. And if I won one, I would use the shit out of it. But you know what? I've been using this Manhattan Planner for 6 years, and I LOVE it. Also, it has a subway map in it, which is good for me since I am directionally challenged, especially in NYC. And I can transfer my address book/contacts into it every year, since I keep getting the same one (in different colors, obvi).
5. Regularly Scheduled Manis/Pedis
I actually like getting my nails done. But all the time? Hell no. I have nail polish, and can buy several more for the price of a manicure at the nail salon. And ya know what? It's much easier to fix when it starts to chip. So there.

What are you unwilling to pay for?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You got a classic kind of crazy



hahahah i did a post like this a couple of months ago and it was the best because it really showed how cheap i am! planners for $50? NO THANKS. i can make my own or buy a really cute one for $10.
ReplyDelete-kathy | Vodka and Soda
I do splurge on my Starbucks every now and then but definitely not on a regular. And I like doing my own nails. I will usually get a couple pedis in the summer, but it's waaay too much to keep up with that.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, this is so so true. I like having my coffee on my drive into work and have to make it at home (i find i like it better anyway!!) and i think it is a treat to get starbucks/DD sometimes! usually it would be on my sunday morning shoprite trip!!
ReplyDeletep.s. this is lauren :)
p.s. i LOVE the gifs on this post.
ReplyDeleteYes to errything! I only go to DD for coffee when I plan on getting an eggwhite wrap to go with it, otherwise my office has a Keurig on every floor and free Kcups. Win. I will NOT pay for shipping. Unless it's something I'm buying off Amazon because it's mostly unavoidable. I buy a planner every year but it damn sure ain't fancy. And I want to skip and hug you about the library. I'm in mine at least twice a week. The end... of the longest comment ever. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI think I definitely need to make a future blog post of my own with my list! Genius! I seriously don't know how people can spend so much money getting mani/pedis all the time. I do need to lay off the Starbucks though...it's just so good! It would really be a money saver though. The top thing on my list would have to be shipping fees. It seriously makes or breaks a purchase for me. Some of those fees are just ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I can't fathom buying coffee EVERY DAY... once in a while but I would be so broke if I did it every day!
ReplyDeleteI am not talented enough to paint my own nails so I have to leave it to the professionals. I'm willing to pay not to have polish all over my fingers!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you on the planner! I've wanted that planner forever but I refuse to pay a price like that!
ReplyDeletei'm not big on coffee. but i do love books and esp free books. so how does paperbackswap.com work.
ReplyDeletebooksneeze is a good one. as well as goodreads and go to giveaways and enter to win the books of your choices. when i first started a while back I racked up on books. but i didnt take the time to look at the info of the book. i went by the cover. bad idea at times. although i did get a few good ones.
come join the blog hop challenge. http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/02/blog-challenge.html