Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas- Part 1

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I know I did, though I'm a little happy it's over... the holidays are exhausting! I feel like I haven't stopped going since last Thursday! Let's recap, shall we?

Thursday: We had our holiday party at work. Or rather, holiday potluck luncheon (murrr). This is the biggest event I get to plan all year, however, we kept it pretty simple this year. Everyone made a little something (I provided some buffalo chicken sliders which were delish if I do say so myself, which I do!). I had my iPod so we hooked up some computer speakers for some music, and the Big Boss raffled off some awesome gifts (Kindle Fire, anyone?) which unfortunately I didn't win. But I think everyone had a great time!
Centerpieces, with real cranberries

The room, all decorated. Notice the snowflakes hanging from the ceiling!
Thursday night I met up with my 3 favorite co-workers... well, kind of coworkers. 2 of them don't work with me anymore, which is why we plan a get-together! And because we missed celebrating my bday together, the girls got me a $100 Ulta gift card! I can't wait to use it! We ordered pizza and finally watched Magic Mike! I was totally disappointed though. The stripping scenes were hot, but the storyline was terrible... they should have just stuck to stripping instead of trying to make an actual story out of it. Oh well, at least now I can say I saw it!

Friday: The office was SUPER busy, which was odd... I was hoping for an easy day. But the hustling did make the day got by super fast, which was great. C met me afterwards and we headed into the city to meet with my former coworker/friend and her fiance for a fabulous Indian dinner at Dhaba in Curry Hill. The place is tiny, but the food is excellent. When they say spicy, they mean it! I had the chicken vindaloo and normally I'm ok, but it was almost too hot to handle! We had a great time catching up before they head to India to get married next weekend! We also picked up my Christmas present... but I'll share that later!

Saturday: Saturday was our friend B's birthday. It was awesome! We go to sushi every year right across the street from his (and his wife)'s apartment. We pregamed there, then headed over. His wife was a little sneak and got us all matching shirt to wear to surprise him... and he was VERY surprised when we all took off our coats for the big reveal!
custom post-Apocalypse shirts
SAKE to me!
Group shot! 
Homemade bass cake, made by wifey... delish!
Afterwards, we headed back to their place where his wife had some delicious bass cake for us. Then C got an early Christmas present... Cards Against Humanity!! I was a little upset, because I got him that too! It's tagline is that it's "a party game for horrible people" and it really is. We had a blast playing- it's seriously my new favorite game! (If you want to know more about it, click on the link- it has examples of the horribleness).

Stay tuned for Part 2 coming soon! 

3 comments:

  1. Someone's had a busy weekend. I love the snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. It's a nice bit of ambiance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my work would have a holiday party! They are the cheapest people ever! lol

    ReplyDelete