This week I'm sharing...
I did it! I Did It! I DID IT!
I *finally* finished The Girl... trilogy! YAAAAY!
I really enjoyed it. But I am so happy that it's over! It took me forever to get through them all.
This is from GoodReads: Lisbeth Salander—the heart of Larsson’s two previous novels—lies in critical condition, a bullet wound to her head, in the intensive care unit of a Swedish city hospital. She’s fighting for her life in more ways than one: if and when she recovers, she’ll be taken back to Stockholm to stand trial for three murders. With the help of her friend, journalist Mikael Blomkvist, she will not only have to prove her innocence, but also identify and denounce those in authority who have allowed the vulnerable, like herself, to suffer abuse and violence. And, on her own, she will plot revenge—against the man who tried to kill her, and the corrupt government institutions that very nearly destroyed her life.
Once upon a time, she was a victim. Now Salander is fighting back.
That's odd... I've hardly ever seen Lisbeth NOT fight back. I've hardly seen her as a victim. But anyway, the rest of this post may contain
*SPOILER ALERTS!*
*SPOILER ALERTS!*
Likes:
1. I like that she got an ending with Miriam and Blomkvist.
2. And her crazy half brother (who in the end, didn't seem as crazy as Zalachennko had made him out to be.)
Dislikes:
1. I am not happy that we never find out what was up with Camilla, or even where she was. I thought there was gonna be some crazy twist it was Lisbeth's alter-ego or something.
2. I also didn't like that there was no ending with Dragan Armansky or Paolo Robert. I know Paolo was a small part, but he came and went without a trace- it felt unfinished. I guess the ending with Dragan was that she continued to work for him.
3. I didn't like that there was no more Blomkvist- Harriet.
4. Or that the guy she was seeing in the Caribbean never appeared again. I thought for sure when she got out she would go find him.
5. I also do not like that though her brain seems to be fully functional, she never goes back to figuring out those complex math problems.
So basically, I thought there were a bunch of ends that were not tied up properly. But overall, I was very happy with the ending, and the fact that I finished it! Have you read it? What did you think?


I agree. The author died before he could finish ten books he had manuscripts for. I think he would have answered a lot of these questions, but overall I was happen that it was pretty much wrapped up. I loved the series too. I took a break between books so that I didnt get overwhelmed!
ReplyDeleteI still have the first book of the series sitting on my self. I really feel like I should read it based on all the hype, although it doesn't seem to be the type of book I normally read.
ReplyDeleteso true,lots more loose ends :)
ReplyDeletehappy weekend!
I haven't read this series!
ReplyDeleteI liked the series, but I don't think I'll ever read it again. It was too long and there was so many parts that could have been easily cut out and still left the story in tact.
ReplyDelete