Saturday, July 23, 2011

Book Club Friday: I Heart New York


I Heart New York


From Booklist: "Londoner Angela Clarke has landed in New York City after catching her boyfriend with another woman at her best friend’s wedding. Alone, and with little more than the bridesmaid dress onher back, Angela begins to doubt her rash decision. That is, until Jenny, a hotel concierge and wannabe life coach, takes Angela under her wing, giving her a makeover and a crash course in New York life. Angela’s newfound style leads to romances with two very different men—handsome downtown banker Tyler and sexy Brooklyn rocker Alex. Angela turns her adventures in dating in New York into a blog for a popular magazine. When her popularity backfires, she must decide whether to escape back to London or stick to her adopted hometown. Sex and the City fans will enjoy this debut novelist’s take on dating, fashion, and friendship in the Big Apple."
-------------------------------------

I thought the book was great for a beach read. Very predictable, very girly, and very Bridget Jones in NYC, except younger and slightly less pathetic- though I mean that in the nicest possible way!


Have you read this? What's on your reading list?

2 comments:

  1. Oooo this sounds like a good one! I've never heard of it. I'll be checking this one out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh...I love beach reads!! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete