Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Thursday was Cinco de Mayo. I don't remember what I did last year, but 2 years I spent it like this:

fishbowl action.

This year I spent it like this:
lazy girl couch action.
And I couldn't have been happier.

It's amazing how things change.

Also on Thursday, I came home to a very P.O.'ed C. Apparently our apartment complex put a letter in our door congratulating us on the "new addition to our family", attached to a letter explaining additional fees for having an unregistered pet in our home and a new lease with all the fees added in awaiting our signature.

Except, we don't have a dog.

We've never had a dog, or any other pet for that matter. So of course, C called them up, and ripped them a new one via answering machine (the office was closed). And then called the next day and cursed out 3 other people. I think they got the message. They are resetting our lease to the original.

Oh, and when C asked why they thought we had a dog, they said that the maintenance guy who came to check on our work order (regarding the bees I wrote about here) "heard barking from our apartment." Which is funny, since he didn't see anything, and we live in a building with 17 other apartments in it. But surely the barking came from our apartment. And instead of talking to us, they just typed out a new lease for us to sign. Poor, poor management skills.


In addition to that debacle, on Monday of last week they put a note in our door saying that they would be doing renovations on the bathroom and kitchen of our apartment May 9th - 13th. So, we would have to clear those areas out completely. Which wouldn't be so bad, except 1) I was barely home at all last weekend and 2) last time they did work on our apartment, not only did they leave it a complete and total mess (like, cut a hole into our bedroom wall and left fiberglass and other debris all over our floor...and a gaping hole), but they also left our door WIDE OPEN. C came home from work to find out front door open, and not a worker in sight. 

And we're going to Florida from Thursday - Sunday.
So we're freaking out a little bit.
---------------------------------------------------

Friday I went to work, came home and took a quick shower, packed a few things for an overnight, and then jetted off to Philadelphia to choreograph a dance for my friend's wedding.
The girl whose townhouse I stayed at I had literally met once before in my life- at my friend's Bachelorette Party. I was trying to stay positive about going there and working with her to choreograph and pick music, but now I can say with quite certainty that she's bossy and annoying.

Even C said she was "domineering" when we left (he was nice enough to drop me off AND pick me up from her place!).

But at least the dances are *done!* and videotaped, so we can watch and practice on our own! Yay!
----------------------------------------------

Sunday I *thought* I would have all to myself, since my mom had said the night before that I shouldn't come up to visit, that she wanted to do a few things by herself. It was her day, so of course I said fine, whatever she wanted to do. C went off to his mom's, but I didn't want to go because she was angry at his dad and I didn't want to be involved/in the way/all up in their family bizznazz.

So I was home alone. And I had decided to bite the bullet and finally buy the Organix Keratin Treatment Kit I have been eyeing for a few months. (Review coming soon!) This was the only opportunity I would have to do it if I wanted straight hair for Florida (which I did). So I started doing my huuuurr, pumped up the volume on my iPod playlist, grabbed a beer, and was having myself a gay ole time!

Until my mom called. She changed her mind. She wanted me to come to NYC. Except now, my hair was only halfway done, and C was off visiting his mom, so I couldn't exactly just get up and go catch the next train. By the time C came home and I got to NYC, it was 7. So we went to the movies and saw this:

I just got the book, but was planning on reading it in Florida, and I thought we were going to see Rio (which was no longer in the theater...boooo).

It was okay. Very predictable. And much like Katherine Heigl, Ginnifer Goodwin keeps playing the saaaaame character which gets a bit old after awhile. I think I had higher hopes for it because Kate Hudson was in it too. The guy wasn't too bad to look at for 2 hours though!

So...how was your weekend?!





P.S. This is why I'd rather donate my goods to schools instead of Goodwill... A note from the organizer:"Thanks everyone! My kiddos CRUSHED their $300.00 goal for the clothing drive! They earned $430.90!!!!! Which pushes them over their $4,000 goal for this school year, 2 months early! Thanks for all the support!"


P.P.S. I find it odd when pregnant women name their unborn children and refer to them by name on social networks and/or in person. Thoughts?


P.P.P.S. I've always wondered what "P.S." stands for. I also considered looking it up before I typed this. Just sayin'.


P.P.P.P.S. I also find it weird when people post a pic of a newborn, and others comment saying that s/he is "soooo cute" and "I see a lil bit of [insert person who posted pic] in him/her!" Really? Because your friend looks like a pinkish squished prune?? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. stands for "post script," as in a note added after the rest of the text in a letter. :)

    I totally am with you regarding fetus names and newborn pictures! Most newborns look like aliens, and hubby and I don't plan on finding out the sex of our kid before it's born, don't want to see ultrasounds, and certainly won't be referring to it by name prior to it's arrival. It will be called "the egg." :)

    ReplyDelete