Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Confessions

It's been a while since I've made some confessions, so I'm joining Melissa to get some things off my chest...

FB posts like this make me ragey:
"Having two very senior execs fight over having me as their employee should be a good thing... Right? Ughhhh I hate being an adult ::decisions decisions::"
Of course it's a good thing. It's also (according to your post) not your decision. If this thought was posed as straight bragging vs. whatever you call this, I would have been more celebratory/supportive.

I really like Young and Hungry. I know it's on ABC Family. But it's cute. They need to redo their intro though.

I just found out yesterday that the airline forgot to charge me for cocktails on my return flight home from a trip over a month ago. #winning

I do not understand the purple hair trend.

I also do not understand the Lilly Pulitzer for Target obsession nor did I partake in any part of it.

Alcide - Joe Manganiello

I rarely get on a soapbox about anything, but I just saw this and it re-sparked my disgruntled-ness. On bindis:
"They’ve become just another accessory for people to toss on to add to whatever aesthetic is in style right now, and I’m sorry, but last I checked, my culture was not an accessory, and it sure as hell isn’t a trend."
Yes, I'm (half) Indian-American, and yes, this bothers me. And every time I see someone wearing a bindi as an accessory I am tempted to approach them and try to explain the significance of what they're wearing, but then I remember that they probably do't care and, like most trends, it will probably go away soon.

I completely agree with this post about being busy. Everyone is busy. Your busy isn't any more or less important than my busy, it just means that you're less willing to make time for certain things. I know a girl who is what I would call the epitome of busy- she's a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, full time scientist, and part time PhD biochemistry student. And yet she makes time to see everyone. I have no idea how she does it, but she does. And if she can't physically see you, she makes time for phone calls or send emails to stay in touch.

get over your shit

I did TERRIBLE on the midterm for one of my grad classes. In my defense, my aunt passed away two days before, and I should have told my professor and rescheduled it but I tried to take it anyway. I spoke with my professor today, and it's going to take a LOT to get back up to where I want to be. 

I daydreamed about chili cheese dogs for my entire 2 1/2 hr class last night. And then I visited Grays Papaya #cravingsatisfied



Last night I realized I really am my mother's daughter. Walking toward the train station in heels and a long black raincoat, stopping for dirty water dogs, grabbing a cold one before taking the train home. The only differences were the dog toppings (sauerkraut/mustard vs. chili cheese), beer choice (Coors Lite vs. Bud Lite), and the fact that she was married already.




5 comments:

  1. I don't get the whole Lilly Pulitizer thing either - not my style at all.. but looks great on others.

    And - Bindi's as an accessory - is just disrespectful to the Indian Culture - I mean, if you know the significance than sure - rock it - but tweens doing it because its cool. Erks me... and I'm not even Indian-American. Straight white girl right here (haha).

    The busy thing - yup yup yup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with being busy. If someone wants to spend time with you, they will find the time regardless of how busy they are. I think "I'm so busy" is an insult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so busy is a way of saying "I can't manage my time like an adult with time management skills."

    Lilly Pullitzer is so ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally did not understand the obsession with Lilly pullitzer...I actually didn't even know about it til I saw it all over blogland. And I'm with you about that fb post...I'd be tempted to just delete that person all together for that post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate those humble-brag FB posts too. I so rarely use facebook now—and only ever to check a notification; I don't post anything of my own on fb anymore—and I find that they're pretty concentrated on there. I don't see that kinda thing on Twitter or Instagram. Unless it's just the people I follow there? I dunno, but it's annoying, and ridiculous. As is the Lilly for Target craze. Jeez. I don't find any of that stuff cute at all, let alone worth lining up an hour early for. Oh well, more for the rest of bloglandia I guess?

    ReplyDelete