I had to look up the name of that song, but always sing it in my head whenever I have to spell "separated."

I have nicknames for almost every coworker, and some friends. Some of them know their nickname, but for the most part they don't. I mean, I wouldn't want my friend "Sadface" to know that's what I call her. (Sidenote: I call her that because almost every single time we go out drinking, she winds up crying in her beer.)
I won't add or accept coworkers on any social media. When I see a request, I tell them that I just don't do that. However if we're actually friends, I will gladly add or accept once they no longer work with me.

I almost always think of confessions when I'm either on the go, or drinking. If I'm not near my comp, I'll make a note in my phone.
Several of my closest friends are former coworkers.

I just got "poked" by two people in the last week. Is "poking" on FB still a thing? I didn't even know the ability to poke still existed.
I had to look up the word "thot" "grundle" and "fleek" today. #old

I just got overly excited by a post and added vacuum food containers to my wishlist.
Why do they keep remaking Cinderella? I feel like there are like, 8 remakes already, and I just saw a preview of yet another one. WHY??? Be original, Hollywood/Disney.
I'm excited for the new Cinderella.Plus, I love the actor who plays Prince Charming, he was in GOT. It's my favorite Disney story. But yea Hollywood does way too many remakes.
ReplyDeleteSo I have different names for things than other people and I really like it when people use my names. For instance, there's a highway here I could never remember the name of so I call it Harry Connick Jr Blvd since the name has Harry in it. My BF has finally stopped correcting me. Or when people refer to my car, they just say, "Let's take Yurtle," instead of "Let's take your car." They just KNOW.
ReplyDeleteI was a poor life choice maker and added my coworkers to FB when I was in the Navy. Now, I'm a no-coworkers allowed till we're REALLLYY close friends or we don't work together. Sorry no.
The last time I got poked I was like WTF is this shit? Why does it still exist when FB can barely handle my chatbar? I refuse to return pokes so people can't repoke me. Apparently, they put a timer on it.. #dislikethisgreatly
I COMPLETELY agree about the Hollywood thing! I was watching something recently that talked about the fall of Hollywood because of the refusal of the production companies to fund smaller budget movies since they only want to make big budget movies that are for SURE going to make a profit. It's so obnoxious. Most of the movies from the 90s wouldn't exist if this had been the case decades ago.
Speaking of superfluous remake decisions, have you heard about She's All That? grumble grumble.
ReplyDeleteThe newest Cinderella isn't bad. I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteI've been poked on Facebook too. I never know what I'm supposed to do.
Facebook poking (along with game invites) needs to die.
ReplyDeleteI still don't know what "fleek" or those other words are. Old lady alert.