Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Confessions (Kinda) - In Headlines Form

I don't have a whole lot going on besides work and gearing up for finals, but I have seen a few things in the headlines lately that have made me question our world. Not big, Earth-shattering things (like the earthquake in Nepal or the riots in Baltimore), just little things that made me raise an eyebrow. And also, I like joining Melissa on Wednesdays, so here goes:

My mom was/is a terrible cook. I grew up eating a lot of Kraft mac n cheese (in the blue box) and now, that's pretty much the only mac n cheese I'll eat. None of that gouda, baked, or otherwise fancy crap for me. So you can imagine my horror at hearing that my favorite neon orange food might be "updated" to compete with those gluten-free, organic competitors.

Happy Endings love.

I cannot believe that this decision was made in our country's capital. When is it going to be understood that the government does not own our bodies? And does this belief make me a feminist?

In the opening segment on Monday’s show, Jon Stewart discussed the sexist comments that male senators made toward the junior senator from New York, Kirsten Gillibrand. | Jessica Williams From "The Daily Show" Tackles Sexism In The Workplace: "Guys, Get Some Impulse Control"

I'm not gonna lie, I'd be pissed too. I generally like Adam Sandler, and his movies, but if you have people from the group telling you that your jokes are racist, then maybe you should listen? Or don't invite them on set? Just an idea.

This is still one of the funniest movie scenes ever

Do people really do this? And what are the peak like hours for IG? Should I know this as a Millenial female? Actually, my friend really does send me text message drafts before sending them to guys... so maybe I just missed the memo that this is a thing??

Snapchat was originally called Picaboo. | 13 Cool Things You Probably Didn't Know About Snapchat “Show off that fabulous pair of Jimmy Choos or catch your best gay finally cuddling up with that straight guy at a party!”

I'm pretty sure I'm the only blogger underwhelmed by this Full House reunion/ spinoff.

Life isn't always fair. | 24 Important Life Lessons D.J. Tanner From "Full House" Taught Us

What are you confessing today?

Making Melissa

7 comments:

  1. Lol about Full House. Since I loved that show, I'm super excited but I know plenty of people who aren't excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. confession: i HATED full house;i thought it was the least funny show ever created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did like Full House back in the day but I'm not going crazy over this reunion either. Just eh whatever to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "to the window, to the waaaall" seriously so funny.

    im also really sad about KD cause the whole reason I love it is because its so not good for you haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my best friend's husband is one of those dorks who aims to get like thousands and thousands of random followers on his instagram. he told me the best time to get likes is late at night....maybe for him. but if i post something after 8, i'm lucky if i get 8 likes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'm pretty neutral about the Full House reboot too. It's cool I guess, but also whatever. I'll probably watch an ep or two to see if it's any good, but I'm certainly not counting down the days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forget a Full House spinoff/redeux (so not interested) and let's talk about the possibility of Hocus Pocus 2! Praying it's a real thing!

    ReplyDelete