+ I almost got hit by a car on my way home last night. I kid you not, the old hag was less than a foot away from me. And I had the right of way! Also, I was the only person in the crosswalk, with a giant RED bag, and an umbrella. Pretty hard to miss me. Asshat.
+ My ceiling sprung a leak last night. Right in the middle of my living room, and right on my new-to-me pull out bed, which I hadn't yet folded in. Luckily I caught it pretty early, and put a bucket down before the entire mattress got wet, but it was still damp this morning when I checked. The leak only lasted about 20 minutes, but it was weird since someone lives above me. I knocked on her door to see what was going on, but she didn't answer. Also, the unidentified spillage smells like pee. Awesome.
+ Tonight we have an after-work happy hour. Normally, I try to dress just a tad cuter for these occasions. I picked out an outfit (in my head) last night, only to find that the pants were not work appro (too tight) and the shirt I "planned" was dirty.
+ Being that I woke up late, I had no time to find something else cute and business cas. I threw something on, but I hate what I'm wearing. I'm having an ugly day. Oh also, it was rainy and shitty when I left home, and now it's sunny and 76 degrees. 76!! We haven't had warm weather in over a week, and the day I finally dress warm enough for ~40 degree weather, it's freakin 76 out. So now I look crappy and I'm overheating.
+ I made my morning coffee like I always do, but left it on the counter as I was running out the door. I figure "that's okay, because there's a DD right next to the train station, I have a DD gift card, and it's only a 15 min train ride." However, my job got this handy little app that tells you where the shuttle is to get you from the train station to work. So I check it, and realized that there was no time for coffee, because the shuttle was literally pulling up to the stop. Time to run again.
+ I get to work, and instead of getting the free coffee on my floor that tastes like ass, I decide to go to the cafeteria to get a decent cup of coffee. And "oh, looky here! French toast flavored? Yum... let's try that!" NOPE. $2 and still tastes like ass.
+ Get a text from coworker saying she'll be late, and I have to run the training. I've never run the training.
+ Get a text from my best friend saying that she's in the hospital. Cue freakout. Turns out (after about 2 hours) that it's minor and she'll be ok. *Phew*
So, I am just going to try to hide in my little corner of the office and hope now one else notices I'm here. And hope that this day gets better. It has to, because there's happy hour afterwards, right? Right?!
How's your day going?
I am having a shitty day as well. Every work project has blown up in my face this whole week!!! At least you have happy hour!! Hope you have fun tonight.
ReplyDeleteYowza! Drinks when you get home... and LOTS of them!
ReplyDeleteUgh sorry about your rough day! Hope it got better at some point and that happy hour drinks turned it around!
ReplyDeleteRealllly hope your day got better - I can't believe they'd charge $2 for ass coffee!
ReplyDeleteHope it got better at some point. Its weird that when one thing goes wrong. It's like everything after that goes wrong too. sucks at times but usually it's a lesson in there some where. For the old hag that almost ran over you. Could she even see over the stirring wheel? LOL
ReplyDeletehttp://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/04/ramble-on.html
http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/05/april-showers-bring-may-flowers.html
http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/05/live-learn-link-up.html
http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/05/friday-faves-friday-fives-plus-friday.html
I always try to wear a cuter outfit on days I have after work plans too :) And then often don't work out either...
ReplyDeleteOh no! Hope your day has got better!
ReplyDelete