Friday, May 2, 2014

5 on Friday: Get Happy

Happy Friday! Can I get an Amen?! This has seemed like an extra long week to me. And when that happens, all I want to do is play my absolute favorite songs... ya know, those songs that can make you happy no matter what. Those "bring you outta that funk songs." These are my top 5 "de-funktifying" songs:

Fantasy- Mariah Carey


Rubberband Man- T.I.


Get Ur Freak On (Remix)- Missy Elliott ft. Nelly Furtado


Everyone Falls in Love- Tanto Metro and Devonte


Time of My Life-


Bonus:
Rick Astley- Never Gonna Give You Up


Happy Friday loves! What are some of you're favorite "Get Happy" songs?









13 comments:

  1. OMG rick astley!! BEST. even now when that shizz comes on the radio, i crank that baby up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... I use to listen to Get Ur Freak On during high school.. I would blast that in my Elantra while driivng home from school. LOL

    Clearly I thought I was a bad ass chick. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. if Fantasy- Mariah Carey doesn't defunk you. all hope is lost!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True story, that Rick Astley song was the subject of our pub trivia questions this week, haha! Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantasy may very well be my favorite Mariah Carey song. And no lie, I had the craziest dream about her last night. It was so real I started checking the gossip sites to see if it was true.

    -Jackie
    http://ournashvillelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg you are seriously a girl after my own heart!! I LOVE ALL those songs right there! Gonna listen to them like now lol! HAGW! XOXO

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl that was some throwback with the Missy Elliot! I forgot all about that song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin the Missy Elliot throwback!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mariah you're on fire! Love those songs!!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rick Astley is on my un-funk list too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES to Mariah! Damn, that takes me back! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, all of these bring back so many memories! Haha. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES to rick astley!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete