Wednesday, April 30, 2014

May Goals and Confessions

I confess:

+ I totally sucked at  my April Goals.

- save $1000: FAIL
- get a microwave and couch (already set in the budget for both): Semi success... got couch!
- finish one book: Success! Finished Slammed by Colleen Hoover and half way through another one
- watch Divergent, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Gravity: Only saw Gravity. Not sure why I listed this as a goal... I want to see all of them, but will wait for Netflix!
- go to a museum: FAIL
- make a Spring wreath: FAIL
- hang artwork: FAIL
- donate/sell clothes that don't fit: FAIL
- participate in Steph's Wallet Watch: I participated. And noticed that I did terribly. Gah. 

Life According to Steph

+ My May Goals are all the ones I failed/semi-succeeded at in April. Oh, and get my hurr did. 

thescienceofjohnlock: Thranduil please i'm more fabulous than you celesteshark: L’Oreal moment (GIF)

+ There has been an outbreak of chicken pox and mumps at work. MUMPS!! Who the hell gets that anymore?! And the people who got it had been vaccinated. This is causing me to have a minor major freakout. 

As an adult: Your deepest sick-day fear is realizing the extent of human frailty and coming face-to-face with your own mortality. | Being Sick As A Kid Vs. Being Sick As An Adult
+ I have never had chicken pox and have heard and witnessed that the adult version (aka shingles) is 100x worse.

+ I'm a little stunned/upset that I forgot this on Friday:

haha

+ I have to use 16 vacation days by June 30th or I lose them. But no one else can get off from work and I'm low on funds. 

Reasons Why I Am Actually A Disney Character

+ I did it... I brought stinky food to lunch yesterday. Payback is a bitch, coworkers! #notevensorry #begladitwasntfish

+ This still makes me chuckle:

It's gonna be May

What are you confessing today? How are you doing with your goals? 
Link up with Vodka and Soda and My So Called Chaos!!


Vodka and Soda

Monthly Goals

12 comments:

  1. Haha, watching those movies are on my to-do list too, so I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. staycation!! that's what i'd do - 2wks of do nothing all day erryday.

    i heard that chicken pox and measles (in our area) are making a come back. wtf! didn't those get eradicated already?

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same as Kathy! STAYCATION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did bad in the Wallet Watch too as you will see in the link up on 5/6. And it was my own thing! LOL

    STAYCATION!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another vote for the staycation. You can get all those movies watched, hang that artwork, do your crafting and enjoy your new couch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the be the one with the geek comment but chicken pox as an adult and shingles aren't the same thing. Pox are pox whether you're an adult or a kid. It's just that as you get older it tends to be more severe, especially with the elderly. Shingles is a different issue. It's like having red patchy burning spots. Think psoriasis but burning feelings.

    Ugh, I read too much Google.

    I did all right with my wallet watch. I tried watching The Wolf of Wall Street. I had no idea how long it was. I made it halfway and just had to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double-down on goals AND confessions - awesome! "It's gonna be may" had me giggling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Kathy! Sometimes a staycation is just what you need. Hell, you can even just play tourist around your city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a staycation- those are some of my favorites because you actually feel relaxed afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have also never had chicken pox! We are a rare breed, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What did you think of Gravity? I liked it but probably wouldn't watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gOSH i used to have SO MUCH anxiety about bringing stinky food to work. now i just dont give a F!

    ReplyDelete