Friday, June 18, 2010

Is This Summer?


That has been my face for the last 7.5 hours. So.Damn.Bored.

I think what is adding to my boredom is the fact that, for the first weekend in...I don't even know how long...C and I don't have plans.

Usually, we have something to do. Some obligatory baby birthday party. Regular birthday party. Said we would go visit somebody. And this weekend...nothing. I guess I should be happy- we can actually do what we want to do! Hooray! But no. Because I live for weekends, and I don't have anything to look forward to.... at least not until July 4.

And even that I'm not super excited for. Because I really wanted to take off July 1-2, and go to Montreal for the International Jazz Festival. But because of C's hestitance (which I later found out was becuase he didn't want to go to Canada on America's birthday), I was not able to take off work. And, obviously, we're not going to Montreal. Which I have been saying I wanted to go to for at least 6 months (not every day, but definitely mentioned more than once). So we can't go. But I do have a 3 day weekend. And we are going to a BBQ...

but it's...

how do I put this...

I like his friends. I really do. I've formed a bond with the other girls, and everything is cool. But lately,...well exccept for this week when I got to see 2 of my friends, one from college and the other a coworker (who I don't consider a true slash good friend, but a female whose company I enjoy and who was available to go out with me for Shecky's Girls Night Out), I really don't see my friends often.

It's not anyone's fault really. Where I live and work is not close to where any of them live or work. But take this weekend for instance. Like I said, we're free. And my good friend is having a party at her place. But she lives in Lancaster, PA (2.5 hrs away from my apt). And it's an evening party. With lots of games and drinking. Obviously, C can't drink and really have a good time (with these strangers...he's met my friend, but not her other friends) because he has to drive alllll the way back home after. (And yes, he has to drive because I don't know how to drive stick.) So I had to tell her we won't be able to make it. But I want to be able to make it! I want to see her! I want to see her place and play games and drink with her!

I just don't want it to be so damn difficult!!

Also, when left to our own devices, we usually wind up doing absolutely nothing. Which C loves. But I don't.

Take Memorial Day Weekend for example. We didn't have plans. But we waited too late and it was too expensive and too rushed to actually plan anything. So we wound up doing nothing. We tried to deal, and decided we would go out for our favorite, Trenton Tomato Pie. It's BYOB, so we bought a bottle and headed the 20 or so min there. Only to discover that they were closed. So we went to a hibachi restaurant that we'd past several times and wanted to check out. But there we found a Princeton University douchebag party. It was like a frat-sorority house had taken over. And they were all wasted and standing on chairs giving obnoxious speeches and starting sing-a-longs. I mean, it was funny, because it was so horrible, but not a nice romantic dinner like I was hoping for.

Another thing I was looking forward to was the Prom. Which I found out the day of (after having spent the night before trying on dresses and had already cleared with my boss that I would be leaving early) taht I wouldn't be able to attend because they had over-sold tickets. I wouldn't have been so disappointed if I had never been able to go anyway. But it was being held at the Camden Aquarium, and I went last year, and I really wanted to go. I tried to shrug it off like it didn't really matter, because at that point what else could I do, but I really was disappointed. I just sat home and did nothing. Fell asleep before C even got home despite all my attempts to stay awake.

*Sigh*

It's not that I haven't done anything fun. I went to see Cirque du Soleil's Ovo in late April. Followed by a concert by the awesome band Ozomatli, the Revlon Walk, a Phillies game, a Cinco de Mayo party, a BBQ, a brunch, and a Lost Finale party. But again....during all these things, I didn't see my friends.

And I don't have any plans to see my friends.

And I guess that's what's bothering me most. Obviously, I'm most comfortable with people I've known longer, who I didn't meet through C. I have no plans for tonight, while C is at a Phillies game. I have no plans for this weekend, and though C says we'll go to the beach or "do something", I'm doubtful. I'm semi- looking forward to the 4th of July BBQ. I'm definitely looking forward to July 12th, where me and all his "friends-girlfriends-who-have-now-become-friends" are going on a Girl's Beach Day. 

Other than that...I'm just kinda "eh." And I've been that way for a little while now, and I'm kinda getting tired of it. I'd like to see my friends more. I'd like to live closer to them. Or have a car so I can go see them without taking 5 hours to get there (via public trans) or making C drive.

But what can ya do?

No comments:

Post a Comment