Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness

Hey guys! It's another installment of Wednesday Wickedness! From the *site*: We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Phil Jackson-former baller/current coach of the LA Lakers

1. "Always keep an open mind and a compassionate heart.” Do you ALWAYS keep an open mind?
I try to, but I'm sure I don't.

2. “Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength.” Who is the wisest person you know? Who is the strongest?
Veronica is the wisest. My mom is probably the strongest person I know- gotta give credit where it's due.

3. "Yes, victory is sweet, but it doesn't necessarily make life any easier the next season or even the next day." Do you think a successful day at your job makes the next day better or not?
I think a successful day makes you look forward to the next day more positively, so in that respect, yes, it makes it better.

4. "...True joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way." How would we tell by your behavior if you are having a bad day?
I wear my heart on my sleeve. You would most definitely know if I'm having a bad day!

5. "I gave it my body and mind, but I have kept my soul." Do you have days when you feel you gave it your all, but may have compromised your values?
uhhh...sure?

6. "Your problems never cease. They just change." What do you feel is your biggest problem at the moment?
Money. "Mo' money, mo' problems"...less money, mo' problems too! Oh, and finding a new place to live being that they just raised our rent for next year...arghhh.

7. "My dad always had this little sign on his desk: "The bigger your head is, the easier your shoes are to fill." He really drilled that in." Does your ego sometimes get in your way?
Yup.

8. "There is a saying that I love...It says: "There are no Zen masters, there's only Zen." "Zen master" is a contradiction in terms. You don't master Zen." Do you believe in Zen? If yes, can it be mastered?
These questions are boring me. Phil Jackson seems to have some sucky quotes. I'm all for Zen- Namaste friends.

9. "You can not teach competitiveness." Do you believe you could teach someone, like your child, to be competitive?
No, I think they have to be competitve on their own.

10. "Home is where the heart is, right?” Obviously Phil didn't originate this quote. He said it when asked if he'd retire after this season. Do you believe home is not a place but rather a state of mind?
Yes- I believe home is a state of mind. What's with all the yes/no questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment