Friday, February 14, 2020

10 Things I Love About Blue

I wasn't going to post today but I couldn't help myself when I saw that my girl Leslie brought back the 10 on the 10th linkup, and this month is all about 10 Things You Love About Your Significant Other! So this was thrown together last minute, but here are 10 things I love about Blue, in no particular order! 

Intelligent
She knows a little something about everything, and a lot about other things. She can hold a conversation regardless of the topic, which is something I envy just a little bit. She also keeps up with the news and votes with knowledge. Swoon. 

Sillly/Witty/Makes Me Laugh
I've always said that my number one trait in a partner is someone who can make ma laugh. While that may not be #1 anymore, she certainly checks that box! Thi sis our first conversation the day after we met: 

Me:   The "gayest shit" you've ever done: 



Me:   This is Dani btw. It was nice to meet you last night! 
Blue:   Not bad as far as gay shit for a gay chick goes lol. The pleasure was mine :)
Blue:   I look like satan 
Me:   Lol. Is this better? 



Blue:   More chins than the Chinese phone book 

She's got a ton, and I've even written about them a few times, you can check out other Shit Blue Said here, here, and here!  

Beautiful, Inside and Out
She may not think so and is more self-deprecating than anyone I know, but I think she's beautiful. And as for inside, well, see the next one! 


Kind, Polite, Thoughtful
I've never seen her be rude to anyone and she even greets the train conductor every time, even though s/he often just grunts at us in return. She's also an awesome gift giver. She's not into stars or astrology or anything like that, but one year she got me a picture of the night sky on the date and location we met. It was the sweetest!  It's not always about big things though. Sometimes it's just having chocolate on hand when it's that time of the month. A little goes a long way! 



Hard Worker and Cheerleader
She's got a few years on me in terms of job experience, but she's always working hard and looking for opportunities to do more or be better. She even left a comfortable position for one with more work and more challenges. She also cheers me on in anything I want to accomplish, without being pushy. If I'm in training for an exam, she's offering to help me study and cheering me on telling me I got this. And she's there with flowers and pizza at the finish line!


Cooks
Not only is this a good life skill to have, but she's also really good at it and likes to do it! Works great for me because I don't like to do it... I'm great at doing dishes though! 



"Responsible" Adult
She's owned her own condo for 12+ years, regularly invests and makes donations, has a 401K, "Oh Shit" fund and vacation fund, and goes to the dentist twice a year. Those are just a few examples but basically, my girls' got her shit together, and that's VERY attractive! 



Jives With My People
I didn't realize how important this was until I dated someone who didn't have any interest in getting to know, let alone hang out with, my friends and family. Blue traveled to Puerto Rico with me to meet my best friend and godson, and we regularly hang out with my friends. (Sidenote: I get along with her friends too, and now call them my friends!) 


Good Listener
She'll listen to my rants, she'll listen to my wishes or dreams, she'll listen to my grocery listif I asked her to lol. And she actively listens, asking me pertinent questions in between, and she remembers! (Also helpful since I forget so much that I've earned the nickname Dory!) She also listens to my non-verbal cues, which is helpful since when I'm uncomfortable or distraught, I tend to ostrich, and she doesn't push me. 


She's a Good Partner
She keeps her word. She'll watch silly rom-coms with me on the couch or go to a show, and we have fun and genuinely enjoy each other's company regardless of what we're doing. That's a true gift :)


Happy Valentine's Day! 
How do you celebrate?

10 on the 10th

No comments:

Post a Comment