Blue and I attended NYC Comic-Con on Friday, Oct. 4. This was our 3rd year attending, and I will NEVER make the mistake that we made the first year, going on a Saturday! Holy over-crowding! Neither one of us were cool with that. On Fridays, we're able to avoid some of the heavy foot traffic. This year we bought a lot less than in previous years, because we realized that vendors overprice their merchandise because it's been sold at NY Comic-Con, even if it's not "exclusive" to the event. We didn't win any tickets to the panels we wanted to see, so we just walked the main selling areas and scoped out some of the awesome costumes people were wearing- they really go all out, and it's one of my personal favorite part of the event!

The next day, we attended a 50th birthday party for one of our camping friends, Tracey. It was... okay I guess. She's very "country"- in terms of decor and general attitude and we looked like the "city folk" rolled in, all over-dressed and expecting more than there was, but we didn't know any better! And it was a surprise party, so it's not like we could ask anyone what would be appropriate! Her birthday isn't until January so we thought for sure we had her fooled, but NOPE, she totally knew! "These guys can't plan anything without me" is what she said, and how true she was. The homemade food was banging though, especially the fried chicken!
The following weekend saw us in NYC brunching with out friend from Cleveland, Ohio and her new girlfriend at Alfie's. I think I was a bit wary because the menu looked a bit boughie. but the food was really good!
The following weekend we met up with Blue's brother and wife for dinner at another new-to-me restaurant, Ariane's Kitchen and Bar. Apparently the she was Top Chef or something. I didn't love the menu, and the food was meh, tbh. (Sorry, no pics of this outing!)
The next week one of my former coworkers/bff was in town from California for a wedding. It was so great to see her, and she and Blue finally met! Unfortunately we only got to have dinner with her and her hubs because the rest of us had work the next day, but we have a girl's weekend in the works so hopefully I'll get to see her again soon!
And two days later we had our 5th Annual Halloween Party! This year Blue and I hosted a 90's themed party, and we were dressed as Forrest Gump and Lieutenant Dan...my favorite costume yet! Granted I didn't have a wheelchair (Blue thought it would be insensitive to her relatives since her mom was literally an amputee, and also she didn't want me messing up her new rugs), but I took all pics on a rolling chair and "danced" on my knees all night- I really like to "own" my character on Halloween!
The party was great. I feel like we've finally gotten into a bit of a groove (thank G, after 5 years I would sure hope so!). We had food (baked ziti and apps), decor, ring pops, slap bracelets, and glowsticks in an original Caboodle (yes, I still have one!) to commemorate this one. I would only say that this one seemed a bit lower energy than others- everyone was gone by 10:30, when normally it's closer to 12:30A when the last guests stumble out! Even we were fine the next day!
So that's what's up with me! What's up with you?
Linking up with Kristen!
No comments:
Post a Comment