You guys... I am all out of whack with this time change! Usually I don't feel like it affects me much, but this morning I woke up a whole 90 minutes before my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep! I considered going in to work early, but since I'm salaried, it doesn't mean any extra money, and I already know I have to work a little later to be able to ride the train back with Blue tonight since she has a late meeting, so instead I enjoyed an early morning coffee in silence without my usual go, go, go morning routine, and it was lovely! I may have to make this a habit! So that's how I'm feeling, here's what else I'm currently up to.
Reading: The Girl With All The Gifts- M.R. Carey
Listening To: This acoustic Prince cover of Chaka Khan's "I Feel For You."
Watching: all my regulars, but hoping to check out The Morning Show with Reese Witherspoon and Jenifer Aniston this weekend! It's on Apple TV+ but there are already a few other shows I'd like to see on this new streaming service, so I think I'll give it a try.

Procrastinating: getting out all of my fall/winter gear. Don't get me wrong, I've definitely started. I was smart last year when packing things away- I separated fall vs. super cold weather clothes, and I've unpacked the fall stuff so far. I might do a post taking stock of all the winter clothes I have so I can't complain "I have nothing to wear!" all winter long.
Looking forward to: Friendsgiving this weekend with my Mountain Mamas. I feel like it's been an eternity since we've all gotten together! I'm making my classic pumpkin pie straight from the Libby's pumpkin puree recipe on the can.
Picking/choosing: to be more mindful of my spending. I feel like I spent a lot in October, though part of it was paying off another student loan (woot!). I'm not going for a No Spend November as I have gifts to buy and social outings already planned, but maybe I will actually track my spending this month to see where I can stand to save a bit more.
Preparing: for Jamaica! T-24 days (not that I'm counting or anything...)! I started packing while I was putting away my other summer clothes, but now I want to look into excursions and things to see or do. Dunn's River Falls is definitely on the list, along with visiting a rum distillery.
Trying: an updated fall/cooler weather skincare routine. My skin is pretty calm in summer but dries out quickly in the winter months and becomes flaky and gross. I have a ton of creams and moisturizers and need to start making time in the morning and/or before bed to utilize them and all the other skincare "stuff" I've accumulated.
Following: Since noticing that a few of my old favorites have stopped blogging besides one or two posts a month, I found a few new-to-me bloggers such as What Karly Said and Our Unschooling Journey. I also started actively following a few others that I previously only semi-followed, such as Not In Jersey, Anne in Residence, and Once Upon A Time Happily Ever After. Send me some of your favorites so I can check them out!
Purchasing: Halloween goodies! Candy, slap bracelets, ring pops for my 90's themed Halloween party. More on that tomorrow!
Also I didn't personally buy it, but Blue got me a Papa Elf Funko Pop, and this awesome cardboard Scratch and Play cat house that has a scratching pad on the bottom- Keebler LOVES it!

No comments:
Post a Comment