Thursday, November 14, 2019

10 Favorite Gifts To Give

*This post does NOT contain affiliate links.



As much as I dislike Christmas (I know, total Grinch over here), I love buying presents. One of the things I pride myself on is being a good gift giver. I used to be a last minute shopper, like, the day before Christmas- eek! but it was so stressful. Now I listen and take notes... waaaaay before the holiday season. Not only does this save money and time before December, but also it saves my sanity! I try to buy presents that the person will really enjoy, or that follows one of these categories: Want, Need, Wear, or Read. Here are some other things I like to gift:

My favorite thing to give (and receive, tbh) are experiences. Gift cards to things like the movies, a nice restaurant, or something else I think you'll enjoy, I will try to give you that or take you there. 


Image result for amc gift card and popcorn

Emergency kits. How cute are these? There are a bunch of different varieties too- for him, for her, the bride, the teacher, the student, tech lover, traveler, etc. I bought the fitness kit and the college survival kit last year for my nieces and they loved them.


The Binge-Reading Kit by Pinch Provisions is designed with the book-lover in mind. This kit will help avid readers turn those pages with comfort and ease. Makes for the perfect gift; pair with a book to really impress! Contains 14 must-haves: Microfiber cloth, decision coin, bookmarks (3), ear plugs, lip balm, hand lot
Outerwear accessories. It's winter. Everyone gets cold right? So what person wouldn't want a cozy scarf, touch gloves, or even fuzzy socks?

Image result for HINDAWI Winter Slouchy Beanie Gloves for Women Knit Hats Skull Caps Touch Screen
via

Hot Toddy or Cocktail gift sets. Usually I put these together myself- all you need is a mini bottle of alcohol ($1), a few tea bags (I usually get a spiced variety), maybe some honey, and a cute mug and boom! Perfect, not to mention inexpensive, present! If you prefer to buy one, Nordstrom has a variety of different cocktail kits. Not a drinker? How about the hot toddy for the body sets?

SUGARFINA Carry-On Cocktail Kit, Main, color, CHAMPAGNE

Books. I don't buy books for myself, but if I know you fancy a certain author that has a new release or a famous person you love has a memoir (because everyone seems to have one these days), I'd purchase it. I also always get books for kids (and a toy, obviously, because kids).


Glassware/mugs. I love funny or sarcastic mugs and wine glasses. And everyone I know drinks either coffee, tea, or wine, so it's a useful, fun present for anyone!



My Favorite Season is the Fall of the Patriarchy Coffee Mug
via


Ornaments/collectibles. I like giving personalized ornaments, or ones with a picture in them- memories forever! And if I know you have a collection or love of a TV or movie, I'll try to add to it in some way. Those Funko Pops are fun to give, and they seem to have one for everybody!


Image result for most popular funko pops 2019

Hobby-related. I may not share your hobby, but I will try to find a gift to support it! Runner? Happy feet pedicure set or medal/bib display rack. Hiker or yogi? Daypack or yoga mat bag. Photographer? Lens mug. Musician or music lover? A cool retro-style speaker or record coasters... it's not hard. Think outside of the box!



Upcycled Record Coasters

Pet care/related. Can't forget about your furry family members! I've never met a pet parent who didn't like something relating to or for their pets. 1 month subscription to KitNip Box or Barkbox, homemade dog treats, or just toys in general are always welcome!

Image result for kitnipbox

Grooming/beauty. I don't know any women who don't like a little something beauty related, whether it be makeup palettes, nail polish, or maybe something to help them relax like lavender oil and an eye mask. Got a metro guy in your life? There's a grooming set for him too!

Men's Groom-On-The-Go Set

Bonus: snacks. I don't like showing up to a dinner or party empty handed, so if I'm not bringing wine or a dessert I usually bring snacks like this Bourbon Almond Brittle.

Bourbon Almond Brittle



What are some of your favorite gifts to give?
Linking up with Whitney!


9 comments:

  1. I love creating little themed gift baskets for people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a fun list! Also how cute is that little Harry Potter ornament! I'm all about outerwear gifts, because I'm always freezing and pet presents, because I want to see them open them :) Thanks for sharing--and sometimes I get grinchy this time of year, too!

    XOXO and hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayden's birthday is this weekend, and you've given me a great idea - a gift basket that includes an experience (movie tickets?), a warm hat (she's wanted one!) and her favorite snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All fun ideas. I'd totally be cool with getting most of these, especially something like a Funko pop, book, or a gift card/experience type of gift. That last one is something I really like doing for people because it's fun and different.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mugs and local honey with tea are one of my favorite things to give!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great ideas. I love that you listen before you shop, how thoughtful. Thanks so much for linking up :) xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun list! I love giving unique gifts based around the things people like, so kind of like the hobbies you talked about! I'm getting so excited for the holidays!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so the Grinch this year. I use to love the holidays but I don't know I don't even care this year. I wish I could say I just want this year to be over with but I know next year is gonna be just as shitty as this one so...These are great gift ideas. Those emergency kits are awesome and make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all great things to give & receive. Excellent list & if you want to get me any of these things, I'd gladly accept. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete