Friday, October 28, 2011
Spending Recap: October 13- 28, 2011
So. This is what the budget is supposed to be:
Other
Eating Out: $50.00/week
Shopping: $60.00/week
Entertainment: $25.00/week
Beauty/Wellness: $30.00/ month
Miscellany: $200.00/month
And this is what actually happened in 2 weeks:
Bills/Fixed Payments
Groceries: $50.00 + $30.00
Budgeted: $300/month
Total (including last recap's $40.00): $120
*I think I need to re-assess the grocery budget; closer to $150 or $200...
Shopping
FYE: $16.00 (present for C's mom)
Bath and Body Works: $30.00
Hallmark Store Candles: $20.00
Halloween Store: $48.00 (?) (present for godson)
2 presents for C
Budgeted: $60/week, so $120
Total: $114.00 (not including C presents)
Miscellany
Bachelorette Party Check: $86.00
*Not sure if the presents noted in Shopping should really go here? That might make more sense...Budgeted: $200/month
Total (including the last recap's $280): $366.00
Eating Out
C dinner: $55.00
V dinner: $25.25
Stevens: $7.50
Food with mom: $11.50
Budgeted: $50.00/week, so $100
Total: $99.25
Entertainment
Drinks with girlfriend: $35.00
Stuff at Pumpkin Farm: $20.00
Beer: $25.00
Budgeted: $25.00/week, so $50.00Total: $80.00
Umm. Yeah.
I don't even want to look at these numbers/budgeting anymore. I suck at this, apparently.
In my defense, I've had one friend, C's mom, and C's birthdays this month. And a wedding. And me and C's anniversary. That's a whole lot of very special occasions!!
However, I did not budget properly for all of this. I knew they were coming up. So,...that was my major mistake. I also did not use the envelope method as I said I would. I looked in my office and at home, and couldn't find envelopes, and thought that was a valid excuse. Noooo, no, no! I must get some envelopes. This is my problem with cash- I don't track it. If I used envelopes, I would be able to write down exactly what I'm spending on, when I'm spending it.
Le Sigh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
omg i suck at budgeting too. i like well um love shopping a little too much.
ReplyDelete