Saturday, October 15, 2011

C's Birthday Dinner #1

C's Birthday Dinner #1


What a beautiful Saturday we're having here in NJ! Kinda wish I was out punkin picking! But alas, C had work this morning, and is now napping for a bit before we run some errands. Hopefully tonight we'll get out with some friends for some Trenton-style Tomato Pie in celebration of my recent PROMOTION!!!

Haha, yes, October is turning out to be a great month so far! On Monday I was given a promotion (with a raise...woot woot!). I'm am now helping with customer service for our new financial system along with my usual duties. So excited! I already had one celebratory dinner-- I was telling my friend right after I found out taht I wanted to go out for seafood with C to celebrate...and she was like "oooh hold on a sec..." After digging through her purse for a minute, she handed me a $50 gift card to Red Lobster!!! She said that she had gotten it as a gift about 5 years ago, and didn't really like the restaurant, so she just gave it to me! (The dinner and wine was delicious by the way- and we only paid $9, which was tip!)

This month is also C and I's 3 year anniversary! We're not doing anything super special or spending money on gifts because we figure we'll buy each other something on our trip in mid-November.

Speaking of trip- we booked our flight last week! We are officially going to India for our friend's wedding for 2 WEEKS! Eeep! So now we just have to figure out our itinerary and book hotels.

C's birthday is also this month (2 days after our anni)! His family dinner is tomorrow, and I hope to wear something like the outfit above. Except I don't own booties. Hmmm. I'm sure I'll figure something out!

I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the promotion! That's so great!! 3 years.. that's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG such excitement all at one time! Congratulations on the promotion and the anniversary! I love the outfit you've picked out for C's B-Day dinner.

    P.S. If you decide to buy some booties, I've seen lots of them at TJMaxx and they weren't too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary. And have fun in India, that's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy belated anniversary...love the outfit.

    aLso, thanks for the comment- you made my day!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete