A few weeks ago (so bad at uploading pics, which leads to delayed posts, sorry!), C and I went out for a date night in NYC. I told him it was a surprise and "just for the hell of it" but really I had a groupon that was going to expire the next day. He was pretty nervous, why, I have no idea! I know what he likes, and I wouldn't take him somewhere where the food wasn't good!
We went to Guantanamera, one of my absolute favorite Cuban restuarants.
I had been there at least once before. I love their food, they have amazing sangria, live music every night, and they even have an old man who hand rolls Cuban cigars right outside on the weekends (free for customers!).
The ambiance and the crowd are just right, and I was anxious to take C, espeically since we don't go on official "date nights" often.
This was his food- skirt steak with peppers and onions and rice. He cleared his plate. Win!
I had the paella- (served piping hot, still in the pan) clams, mussels, lobster tail, shrimp, sauseeg, and chicken over a bed of some of the most flavorful rice ever.
This was C's side dish- squished, fried plantains, with garlic, aka tostones
A very happy me with my glass of sangria (we polished off a pitcher!)
I love sangria! Looks like u guys had a nice time. :)
ReplyDeleteI changed my blog URL: www.phatjill.blogspot.com
Jill