[ONE]
raspberry pistachio torte
That, dear friends, is a raspberry pistachio torte, or at least what Google pics says it should be. Ours did not look like that, it actually looked even more delicious, and it truly was. I don't think I've ever had any sort of torte, but it was fabulous. The one we had was from Financier Patisserie in NYC. Thank you friend, for the most magnificent torte to ever grace my lips![TWO]
While I was enjoying my torte, C introduced us to a news brief from Jamaica via YouTube. It was basically about how there was major flooding, and you couldn't cross the street, unless you could swim. It was funny because there were several different news stations, but they were all using the same interviewee:But then, someone decided to make a song out of it. I usually don't post songs until Tuesdays, but this was funny, and I'm pretty bored at work, so treat for you!
Clifton Brown is an Internet sensation. He don't even know. I love it.
[THREE]
Saturday: Went for a lovely drive along the Delaware River to Easton, PA for my girl's 25th Birthday BBQ. C ate way more jerk chicken than necessary. But really, the food was fabulous and the company entertaining.
Sunday: Beach day! Unfortunately we got locked out of the main beach we wanted to go to, which was Island Beach State Park. That's probably my favorite beach because it's $10/car (not person) to get on, there are several different beaches to go to, and you can bring food/drinks (no alcoholic beverages, but we had those big red cups heehee). Anyway, the park was full by 11AM! Redic! And our friends had their dog, so we had to go to another dog-friendly beach in Manasquan. Umm yeah. It wasn't great- the dog beach had seaweed and rocks everywhere, which made it stinky and un-swimmable.
But I did get tan! Woohoo! And we ate and drank and were merry. Overall successful beach day!
Saturday: Went for a lovely drive along the Delaware River to Easton, PA for my girl's 25th Birthday BBQ. C ate way more jerk chicken than necessary. But really, the food was fabulous and the company entertaining.
Sunday: Beach day! Unfortunately we got locked out of the main beach we wanted to go to, which was Island Beach State Park. That's probably my favorite beach because it's $10/car (not person) to get on, there are several different beaches to go to, and you can bring food/drinks (no alcoholic beverages, but we had those big red cups heehee). Anyway, the park was full by 11AM! Redic! And our friends had their dog, so we had to go to another dog-friendly beach in Manasquan. Umm yeah. It wasn't great- the dog beach had seaweed and rocks everywhere, which made it stinky and un-swimmable.
But I did get tan! Woohoo! And we ate and drank and were merry. Overall successful beach day!
[FOUR]
We even got Suf Taco takeout on the way home- love that place! And then we lounged and watched True Blood and The Kardashians...has anyone been following True Blood? Thoughts???
[FIVE]
Also, to keep withe the "miscellany" theme, this is what I overheard in the office the other day...
Coworker 1: "I taught my dog the Hail Mary...and I leave the religious channel on for her, it calms her..."
Coworker 2: The dogs barks the Hail Mary?
CW1: "I say hail Mary full of grace, ...and she goes woof woof...and she puts her lil paws together in prayer"
Legit conversation. Makes me very nervous about the people I work with everyday!
Hope you all had an amazing weekend! Happy Monday!
Also, to keep withe the "miscellany" theme, this is what I overheard in the office the other day...
Coworker 1: "I taught my dog the Hail Mary...and I leave the religious channel on for her, it calms her..."
Coworker 2: The dogs barks the Hail Mary?
CW1: "I say hail Mary full of grace, ...and she goes woof woof...and she puts her lil paws together in prayer"
Legit conversation. Makes me very nervous about the people I work with everyday!
Hope you all had an amazing weekend! Happy Monday!
Link up your miscellany here!
ok that video was hilarious. seriously though i think the kid who made it has a little too much time on his hands.
ReplyDeleteim so jealous you got to go to the beach i havent seen the ocean in way too long.
have a happy monday!
My grandparents used to take me to that beach park. We really enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteWait does the dog really do that?!
ReplyDelete