Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Recap: Relaxation and Organization

I had an AWESOME, relaxing weekend. On Friday,

me and my coworkers had a Girls Night In and mini surprise Baby Shower for our friend, V (in the middle- I was taking the pic). We had some pizza and white grape juice (in wine glasses, haha), she opened presents (and was very happy!) and watched Love and Other Drugs. This was a VERY weird movie. I thought it would be funnier/happier. And I have never seen nor wanted to see so much of Anne Hathaway....needless to say, C can't wait to see it. Hmph! I also had my first ever Crumbs cupcake...OMGoodness. I had the Squiggle (an oversized, rich, delicious, Hostess style cupcake). It was delicious.


Saturday I did some chores- laundry, dishes, tried to fix my computer (I think I'l have to get professional help for it), updated my itunes, made some calls to friends I haven't talked to in a while, and watched some TV.

Sunday C and I ran some errands- groceries, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Michael's, Ulta (for C!), and Target, and I wrapped presents. Have I ever mentioned how much I **love** Target? They have the fastest, easiest return policy ever! And I love their sales, and stuff in general. This was actually our second stop at Target in 3 days... I got all of V's baby shower stuff there, and needed some more baby stuff (got another shower coming up) and presents for my godson.

My first time using Picnik- Love it!!


All the presents- the baby shower basket in the back, godson presents wrapped (too bad I ran out of wrapping paper- argh!) and mom's very late birthday basket, filled with beauty goodies, chocolate, and a mag!

I have been slowly but surely doing some spring cleaning. But for some parts, we needed some organizing...tools. We *FINALLY* got an over-the-door rack for our pantry, and I finally got a belt/purse hook for our closet! I'm so excited I thought I would share:

That is our new over the door pantry organizer. The other pic is the top shelf of our pantry- where all those rolls of saran wrap, wax paper, press and seal, aluminum foil, and ziploc bags were before...all about to (and more often than not actually did) tumble on top of me whenever I reached for chips or one of the wraps.


That is one of the wire shelves on C's side of the closet. The other pic is all of my belts and most of my purses (I'm not a huge accessory person) on my new belt/purse hook. I love the fact that I can organizer by hook/loop. All of those belts and purses were mashed into that little wire cubby before the hook. Needless to say, I could never find any belts or purses when I was looking for them without everything falling out...so I barely used them. Now they are neatly hanging on my side of the closet, and the cubby is all clean and organized (have a few small wristlets in the 2 purses).

Note the Phillies bear: I have no idea where it came from. I am assuming it has been hiding there all along (the 2 years my belts and purses have been mashed in that cubby). But yes, we (especially C) are Phillies phans.

How was your weekend? What did you do?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun! I love the organization stuff. :) My weekend wasn't very exciting - just hung out at home and took walks in the woods w/ Hubs and Babe.

    ReplyDelete