Thursday, April 14, 2011

Let's Review!

TV Show - Khloe and Lamar

"Khloe and Lamar attracted) 835% more viewers than the average Lakers home game gets on local cable (Fox Sports Net West) in Los Angeles.

Keep in mind the Lakers are TOPS in the NBA with 278,000 average households.
In-fact thats 216% more eyeballs than the TOP SIX NBA teams get COMBINED (822,000) on local cable, according to ratings from SPORTS BUSINESS DAILY." (via Fox Sports Radio)

Those stats are pretty ridiculous!! I have to say, I tuned in (and made C watch too, though that wasn't hard since he loves all things Kardashian related).  I also have to say that I didn't have high hopes for the show. I didn't really like Kim and Kourtney in New York (though of course I watched it religiously), but adding a non-Kardashian to the mix (like Scott, for instance) could mean trouble ( he was sooo annoying, and a major douche- sorry for the language!).

But Lamar is funny. And Khloe is silly, which i find endearing. And they're super cute together. And I think there's a lil sumthin-sumthin going on with Rob and Khloe's assistant, no matter how they try to play it off. And teh first episode had real life drama - not some bs about not getting paid to attend an event or setting up your friend on a gay date with an obvious non-gay (that was really funny). In case you missed it, it had to do with Lamar's dad, and understanding your place when there's family drama- you can't just butt in and try to make everything all better- sometimes you have to let it go and respect the relationship.

I will definitely be tuning in next week!


Food - Extra Dessert Delights - Mint Chocolate Chip


I don't really like gum- it always seems like I'm chewing air and whatever flavor it is seems to die out within minutes. I tried this because I got a free sample, and I chose this flavor (between this, key lime pie and I think strawberry shortcake) because it's one of my favorite flavors and I'll try just about anything if it says it tastes like chocolate chip mint. And ya know what? IT REALLY TASTES LIKE THE ICE CREAM!!! And the flavor lasts. And it's sugarfree. What more could a girl ask for??


Beauty - Garnier Nutrioniste Anti-Puff Eye Roller


I have been wanting this product for a few months now, but I wanted to see the reviews before purchasing. For $13.49, it's not bad. The rollerball is cooling and feels nice when applying. It has caffeine in it, which is supposed to tighten up the under-eye area, but I didn't feel any tightening. And honestly, I didn't see much of a difference. But supposedly you're supposed to use it for a week or so before seeing results, and I've only used it twice so far. So the jury's still out, but I have high hopes. Maybe I should have bought the "anti-dark circle" one they have out now though...

Book - "Little Dead Girl" by Elizabeth Scott


*SPOILER ALERT!*

I got this book from Mandy (thanks again!). I read it in 2 days. I jsut found out that this book was banned in schools: “Challenged, but retained at the Effingham, Ill. Helen Matthes Library (2009) despite concerns about its graphic content and the unsatisfactory ending.  The book is about a fifteen-year-old’s perspective of living with her captor after being forcibly kidnapped and imprisoned at the age of ten.  The book has received several accolades from book critics.  Source: Nov. 2009, pp. 219–20.” (Taken from ala.org)


I'm not surprised at all that this was banned. It's an extremely hard topic to swallow. But the most gripping point for me was that this stuff really happens. We just don't hear about it, because these kidnappers are good. They don't let their prey get away easily. It kind of reminded me of that movie "The Lovely Bones." And it's true what people say, it could be that quiet, "normal" looking neighbor. It could be anyone. You just never know. I will definitely take a closer look at people after reading this.


Movie - Love and Other Drugs

*SPOILER ALERT!*

This is the trailer I saw. I just noticed there is an alternate trailer...I wish I had seen that one. I thought this movie was a romantic comedy. Me and my girlfriends rented as our Girls Night In movie pick for that reason- something light and fluffy. Head's up: It's not. This isn't even really about Jamie (Jake Gyllenhaal), as the trailer makes it seem. It's about a girl (Anne Hathaway) with early on-set Parkinson's Disease, how she lives with it, and how it affects her relationship (with Jamie). It's more of a dramedy- there are funny parts, but mostly it's dramatic and sad. Also, I've never seen nor wanted to see so much of Anne Hathaway naked. Seriously, you see everything but her front lower half (and even that gets a bit close because you see Jake's hand down the front of her tiny underwear). Of course, C can't wait to see it. Hmph!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Khloe & Lamar. My boyfriend watched it too, I guess because it involves basketball. Love & Other Drugs was okay, wasn't what I was expecting though. I was thinking it would be funny, but I thought it was more sad than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love it! It's one of me and my boyfriend's shows that we can watch together.

    I completely agree about the movie. But at least it was a (somewhat) happy ending!

    ReplyDelete