And roar that lion did. We had 4 snow days this month. That's more than the last 2 months combined! Not that I minded one bit, because unlike some places we don't do "WFH," when we're closed that's it. And since I live in an apartment, I didn't even have to worry about shoveling! I didn't waste those days either; I cleaned, purged, read, and rested. It was glorious.

We celebrated a friend's birthday dinner at a hibachi steakhouse. You ever notice how after hibachi, all of your clothes smell like the food/restaurant? Anyway, it was a really great night. I can't figure out how to add the video from FB, but the chef was totally embarrassing the birthday girl and putting her name in every pop song he sang and he sung a TON, and we were laughing so loud that people from other tables started videotaping us! My abs hurt from laughing so much. I didn't know that was an actual thing.
The following weekend was St. Patrick's Day. We started around 1:30? and the restaurant was empty. This picture was taken then haha. The next place we went to was so crowded that we just had a beer while waiting on line for the bathroom and bounced. The last place was my favorite- not too crowded, free shepherd's pie and corned beef and cabbage, and an bartender who knew us and took care of us.
I finally received MoviePass and used it to see A Wrinkle in Time, which I really enjoyed. 2 things about MoviePass: 1. I was happily surprised at how easy it is to use, and 2. I thought it could be used multiple times in one day, which isn't true. Bummer. I was thinking "great! On rainy days I can just chill at the movie theater all the live long day!" I feel like they should make this clearer, but overall I still like it and can't wait to see a bunch of new movies soon. I also started watching A Good Place, Champions, and Splitting Up Together. Obviously I'm in the mood for light-hearted comedies lately.
I know I just said this yesterday but for those of you who haven't seen it, A friend of mine went to Vermont recently and brought back this loot! My favorite name was "Kittens on Parade" by Magic Hat lol. We got the first 6-pack sold! My favorite in taste was called Inertia by Burlington Beer Company. The double stout tasted like coffee, vanilla, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch! If you love craft beers too, connect with me on Untappd!
I know I just said this yesterday but for those of you who haven't seen it, A friend of mine went to Vermont recently and brought back this loot! My favorite name was "Kittens on Parade" by Magic Hat lol. We got the first 6-pack sold! My favorite in taste was called Inertia by Burlington Beer Company. The double stout tasted like coffee, vanilla, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch! If you love craft beers too, connect with me on Untappd!

And that's about it for March! What's new with you?



Hibachi is so fun! I haven't been in forever though.
ReplyDeleteOK - so now I'm curious what movie Pass even is - never even heard of it!
ReplyDeleteI think I would feel differently about a snow day if there was no still working during the snow day.
ReplyDeleteLove your St. Paddy's pic!
i need to check out movie pass - it just seems way too good to be true? but i keep hearing about it. bummer you can't use it multiple times a day, i used to spend entire days at the cinema, when i was younger, i'd just buy a bunch of snacks and watch like 4 movies. haha. i do want to see a wrinkle in time, but i want to read the book first (never have). free shepherd's pie?! that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteOh man, even down here when we are closed for that one random snow day we have to WFH. It would be fabulous to just enjoy it and not have to worry about work. I love hibachi and that is where we ended up last year for my birthday. Except we sat on the sushi bar side because we were afraid all the noise was going to scare Zoe lol. Sounds like you guys had an awesome St Pat day! I much prefer non-crowded places too.
ReplyDeleteThat fox mug is awesome, ha ha.
ReplyDeleteFirst, I totally love that mug & I think that I need one because I've seen it before & loved it. Ha!
ReplyDeleteSecond, I am so beyond sick of snow, we just got dumped on earlier this week with about a foot of snow. Blah! BRING ON SPRING!!!!
I feel like I need to pick up a case of that Inertia beer for Bryan :) He would LOVE it! Awww, I want to go to this Hibachi Steakhouse! Which one was it?? I hate smelling like food after (plus, I feel like it gets stuck in my hair for DAYS) but it's totally worth it :)
ReplyDeleteI love your fox mug, haha, so cute! I can't believe how much snow we had last month, but glad your office is closed and you can relax and enjoy the day!
Love reading what's on with you, momma. You've been having some fun life adventures! XOXO
I love that fox mug!! Too cute.
ReplyDeleteLove that fox mug. I have one similar to it :) I enjoyed A Wrinkle in Time, too! I've been thinking about that movie pass. It sounds super convenient! All you restaurant events sound fun and yummy!
ReplyDelete