Hey all, hope you all had a fabulous Labor Day Weekend! Before I get into some weekend updates (short), I wanted to mention that today is the "Show Us Your Books!" linkup with Steph and Jana! Unfortunately I only finished one book last month so I'm not participating, but I did want to share that my friend and past co-worker wrote a book that is available today everywhere! It's called "From The Other Side of the World: Extraordinary Entrepreneurs, Unlikely Places." In short, "Through seven remarkable stories, Elmira Bayrasli shows why the next Steve Jobs and the next Apple, Google or Facebook is as likely to come from Nigeria, Pakistan or Mexico as Silicon Valley." I hope you'll check it out, as well as find more great books in the linkup below!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone else feeling like this today?

I can't say I did a whole lot this weekend, which was perfectly fine by me. I bought a few things during the J. Crew Factory sale. They had 50% off everything, but I tried to be good and only get needed replacing in my wardrobe. I couldn't resist the herringbone vest that's been sitting on my wishlist for 2 years though. Nor could I resist the booties. I have been searching for a pair, ANY pair, that did not look ridiculous on me, and these were a major hit. I can't wait to wear them all fall long.
Long sleeve tees (layering staples for me): $24.50, sale price $12
navy cardigan: $39.50, sale price $19.50
herringbone vest: $108, sale price $54
Cheesesteak Festival tickets "Wit" (gen admission, 10 samples and a tee): $50
Picnic basket (via Amazon): $40, sale price $30
Stow-away Cell phone case (via Amazon, holds 3 cards): $35, sale price $14.45
Coach Seneca booties (via TJ Maxx): $178, sale price $80, purchased with gift card $30
Long sleeve tees (layering staples for me): $24.50, sale price $12
navy cardigan: $39.50, sale price $19.50
herringbone vest: $108, sale price $54
Cheesesteak Festival tickets "Wit" (gen admission, 10 samples and a tee): $50
Picnic basket (via Amazon): $40, sale price $30
Stow-away Cell phone case (via Amazon, holds 3 cards): $35, sale price $14.45
Coach Seneca booties (via TJ Maxx): $178, sale price $80, purchased with gift card $30
I also attended my friend's wedding in Queens on Sunday. It was beautiful and a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure the best part was during the ceremony when their 3 year old son ran off the stage Michael Jackson style right before the Blending of the Sands ceremony because he had to go to the bathroom lol. They also wrote their own vows and it was really funny ("I promise to love you even when you are being immature and annoying...") and sweet.
Monday was the ultimate lazy day. I woke up late and binge watched more of The Walking Dead (I'm almost done with Season 3 now). This is a candid shot of me watching the show. I won't deny the fact that I hid my face during truly gruesome parts and may have yelped when zombies reanimated unexpectedly. I'm trying to get caught up before the Season 6 premiere on 10/11, and so far it looks like I'll make it!
So, how was your weekend?
Linking up with Biana for Weekending!



The Walking Dead is awesome.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE going to Barnes and Noble. I could spend all day in there.
I have wanted that vest forever too! But probably won't ever jump on it. Haha I love the candid of you watching the Walking Dead!
ReplyDeleteI love the Walking Dead, I might need to do a little catch up before the new season too!
ReplyDeletei'm torn about WD. sometimes the episodes are SO BORING i want to die but then they throw in an awesome one that just makes me give them ONE MORE CHANCE...then they follow up with a shit one again! arrrggghhh!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely long weekend - that J. Crew Factory sale totally sucked me in too!
ReplyDeleteLove love love your dress for the wedding.
ReplyDeleteGreat deals from the sales! I had some bedding I needed to track down this weekend so I took care of some of that shopping.
How awesome for your friend getting published and distributed. That's wonderful!
Some episodes of The Walking Dead are so good and then there are other ones that are just a waste of time, like filler episodes. I totally am always closing my eyes are certain scenes. It's a bit bloody for me. You know I only watch cause of Norman. hahaha.
ReplyDeleteLove the lace in your dress at the wedding and you cleaned up on labor day sales! jealous! I want that vest!
ReplyDelete