Bubble baths, or baths in general:
I don't understand them. And I tried (see below). Candles, wine, bubbles, no bubbles, bath bombs, etc... I can't get into it. First of all, maybe I need to get one of those bath neck pillow things, because the edge of the tub is COLD. And hard. And generally uncomfortable. Secondly, you know how some people swear by reading in the tub? How do you do that? Your hands are wet. You either have to keep drying them, or just not put them in the water at all, which is also uncomfortable. And thirdly, I just can't really get past the fact that you are stewing in a tub of your own germs. It's pretty gross if you think about it.
Also, I am uninterested in your Instagrammed photo of you in the bath. Just sayin.
![]() |
| I tried guys |
Unless you're headed into a group trip or vacation and need it for an actual purpose, like identifying your stuff, I don't see the point. Not to mention that half the time I can't tell what the initials are because of that fancy pants script you chose.
High-waisted pants:
I understand this is a returning fad, but really? Maybe some things shouldn't make a comeback. Yes, they hide your muffin-top, but they look hideous. Try Spanx or normal clothes that fit instead if you're really that concerned. Or ya know, just own it.

Midi/ stacking rings:
Why? Why do we need rings in the middle of our fingers? Maybe I'm just jealous because I can hardly find rings to fit the normal part of my finger, or maybe because I don't wear much jewelry to begin with, but I just find this unnecessary.

V Steaming:
Have you heard about this? Of course it's a Gwyneth Paltrow thing. Apparently you can "steam-clean" your privates now. Although she swears by it, according to scientists it's unnecessary and not healthy. One even warned against it: "try to avoid thermal burning from the steam." Your V is not a rug- it does not need to be steam cleaned. Just stop it, Gwynnie,

Are there any girly fads/trends that you just don't get?

Bahahaha. I love this post. I like baths, but usually just to help prevent sore muscles. Even then, I only last 10 minutes tops. I get bored.
ReplyDeleteThe monogramming and v-steaming. Yes. Seriously. Why?!?!?!?!?
I always wondered the same thing about baths. It's cold and I can't read but I do like to listen to Amy Winehouse on the rare occasion I decide to take a bath.
ReplyDeleteI love things with my initials - NOT monogrammed. Many people who do these things do not understand that even when I state that. I want it to read SMD not SDM. Pay attention, people.
ReplyDeleteI am not a bath person. Sometimes I think that it's because I don't have a big tub. Other times I think it's because I don't want to sit in rapidly cooling water doing nothing. I certainly would not take a photo of that happening and put it on Instagram.
V steaming?!?!?!?! Are you even serious right now? Just no!!! And the high wasted pants are awful too!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy a bath every now and then when my back or joints are really sore. I will soak in epsom salt for a little bit but I dont stay long because of the whole soaking in germs thing. And by every once in awhile, I mean I haven't used my tub in at least 4 or 5 months haha!
Andddd I left the above comment with the wrong gmail account so it will so no reply blogger. Duh Nadine~!!!!
ReplyDeleteNever have I ever owned monogrammed anything, and somehow I still manage to go on. And the V-steaming thing is so moronic and so something Gwyneth Paltrow would perpetuate, especially considering every respected scientific/medical mind says FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT? And bubble baths are booooring as hell, and not relaxing at all. I'll get in an Epsom salt bath every once in a while as necessary after running but it's boring too, and I only have to sit in that for 15 minutes.
ReplyDeleteI love baths but not really enough to sit down and take on more than... once a year? And on instagram- NO thanks!! Eww and V steaming!!
ReplyDeleteI do take baths, not necessarily bubble baths. I can't stand to be in the shower with water running over me. And, V-Steaming? I'll pass, thank you very much.
ReplyDeletehttp://italianbelladiaries.blogspot.com/
Oh goodness I'm behind on the times because I hadn't heard of Vsteaming! haha I think I'll pass! I like a bath every now and then to relax, but I get bored REAL quick.
ReplyDeleteAMEN! Bubble baths give me infections. FOR REAL! Totally agree on all of these!
ReplyDeleteHilarious! I'm with you on the monograms and midi rings. Seriously, do you not know your own initials? I'm on the fence with high waisted pants, I love baths, but I'm with you on the rest.
ReplyDeleteBahah, I don't get the appeal of a bath (unless your epsom salt soaking) or monograms or midi rings either. I feel like I missed the Southern Belle boat on the monogram thing because every one I grew up with is monogram obsessed.
ReplyDelete