Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekend Updates

This weekend was great. I started it off on Friday night meeting a friend for drinks at Apotheke in Chinatown. This speakeasy cocktail bar was amazing. First of all, there was nothing but a small prescription sign marking the location. All of the bartenders wore white overcoats, and the place was small (cozy) with limited shared seating. I'm not a huge cocktail person- I usually like my drinks straight up or I'll just have beer. However, I do like whiskey, and seeing as it was absolutely freezing outside, I decided to start off with a Bourbon St. Blizzard. I wish I had taken a picture of the menu, but I didn't want to be "that" person in the place. Basically, it tasted like a bourbon hot chocolate and was absolutely delicious. For my second cocktail, I stuck to whiskey and got a Chai Whiskey Sour. I didn't love this one as much, but I will say that it was well-made.

Afterwards, we headed a few doors down to Vegetarian Dim Sum House. [Bet you can't guess what they served!] We must have had at least 5 different dishes, and it was tasty and dirt cheap.

Saturday I woke up late, cleaned up a bit, and then Blue came by with Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese sammies. [Yes, pork roll, NOT Taylor Ham.] The we headed out to see 50 Shades of Grey. Finally. Honestly, it was as bad as I thought it would be. Lots of Ana biting her lip, lots of "Laters, baby," and lots of "Ana..." "Christian..." I think I may throw a party when the DVD comes out and take a shot every time Ana bites her lip. If I can stand to watch it again.


Afterwards we headed to dinner at Mambo Tea House. (Thank you, Groupon!) We had a fabulous Cuban dinner at this great BYOB restaurant, and they even took our wine and made sangria with it. This place is always a good choice. 


Sunday was another late morning, followed by getting my taxes done, cleaning up a bit more, and drinks with my neighbor. I didn't watch the Oscars, but I think I'm going to go check out all the dresses now... 

How was your weekend? 

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up! I read the 50 Shades books the summer that they were crazy popular but I don't think I could bring myself to watch the movie. There's so little plot to work with, I can't imagine turning it into a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah that sounds like a great drinking game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, didn't read the books, and definitely don't care to see the movie. Unless I can play that drinking game, of course.

    ReplyDelete