Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Unplugged

Last night I was mostly unplugged.
The night before, I got upset over something stupid I saw online, and I let it ruin my whole night.
So last night, I unplugged.
There was no TV.
There was no Pinterest.
There was no blogging or perusing the interwebs.
There was no Facebook, Twitter (ok a tiny bit of Twitter), and no Instagram.
I mean, my laptop was on, but only for music (I don't like complete silence, unless I'm sleeping). 
I came home, made dinner, ate, paid some bills, got ready for today, and read.
And you know what? It was wonderful. 

Unplug, White by Artwork Enclosed on Gilt Home

Do you ever feel the need to unplug?

6 comments:

  1. I unplug a lot.... even unplug from hanging out with friends because sometimes I just need that time to re-charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. Although for me unplugging means putting my phone on silent and to the side rather than completely off... and I find entertainment on my laptop (usually Netflix). So I guess I've never truly unplugged, but it's nice to set the phone/social media down for a night every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I deactivated my facebook for like 4 or 5 months after a break up and it was awesome. I should probably deactivate it for a bit again. It was really nice to not be on it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always need to unplug. though that mess forget my phone in another room and watch shows on my DVR. But those days are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. During any presidential election I unplug. There's just waaaay too much negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to unplug during certain major events.

    ReplyDelete