Monday, March 11, 2013

Spending Report: February and March 1-10

I mentioned that I would be doing spending reports the other day. My spending reports will only include miscellaneous expenses, not fixed expenses such as rent/transportation/etc.

Usually to track expenses, I just add it to a note in my phone called "Spending." As easy as this is, I still only remembered to do this a few times in February. Though I know it's old news, I'm going to put it here, along with my current spending. (Also, I just want it off of my phone so I can start fresh!) Unfortunately I already know where I have leaks, but maybe seeing it this will remind me to slow down a bit and reconsider before spending! So here goes:

FEBRUARY:
$40 - diner
$56 - cleaners
$87 - gifts
$20 - cloves
$34 - Girls Night Out #1
$45 - Girls Night Out #2
$60 - Superbowl (food and drinks)
$200 - Girls Weekend Getaway
---------------------------------------
$542

Good grief. I hadn't even done a budget in February. Now I can see why I seriously need it. BUT! A new month is upon us! Time to get it together!

MARCH 1 - 10
$20 - Night Out #1
$27 - Night Out #2
$10 - cloves
$7 - cab ride to the train station [I wasn't feeling well and it was raining/snowing]
$1 - books


UPDATE: I started writing this post on 3/6, at which point I realized I had already spend more than half of my bi-weekly allowance! Getting through until the 14th is going to be hard!

1 comment:

  1. I really, really need to make a budget, but I'm in the weird in-between place with a contract job and staying with family, so I haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete