Monday, February 11, 2013

Music Mondays: Love Songs

Do you have a song with your significant other/spouse/bf/gf? I almost always have had at least one song that reminds me of a special someone. Sometimes this is terrible, because once the relationship is over, and you hear the song on the radio, or in a store, or on an episode of Sex and the City (when it was on), it's super depressing or makes you really angry. But sometimes, it makes you smile at once was- like a sweet memory. That's how I feel about these songs, with the exception of the last one, because 1) it's funny and 2) it's my song with my current beau! So here's a little trip down my musical memory lane...

This was the song with my first real boyfriend. It can be best described as puppy love, and it was back in high school. We are still friends- I actually went to his wedding 2 years ago, and now he has a one year old son! 

This one is in Spanish, but also features my favorite artist at the time, Nelly Furtado. I made a boy who liked me sing this with me for a Multicultural Breakfast my freshman year of college. Luckily, he already knew Spanish, and was able to say the words correctly. We dated for the next three years :)


This was also with him. I guess in three years, you accumulate more than one song. This was our song before it was on Sex and the City, and we were over before that too. I was actually kinda pissed when it was on the finale.


What can I say about this song?! It's hot, and it makes me wanna dance. 
But like all fires, it burned out pretty quick.


This is me and C's song. One night we were at a friend's house, and everyone had gone to bed, and we were still up in the living room watching MTV Jams, and this came on... and I started singing all the words! I'm pretty sure he realized then that I was a complete nut, but he decided to keep me anyway :P


I'm still waiting for us to find a real love song!! 

So... do you have a song? What is it?

1 comment:

  1. I actually made Iz a "mix CD" of a bunch of songs that make me think of him! Music is SO strong for stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete