Monday, July 2, 2012

June Goals Recap/ July Goals


JUNE GOALS: 

1. Read 20 pages a day/ 1 book per month: read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It was our book club choice. You can see my review here. Success!

2. Save/make $300: Saved $200, and started selling on Poshmark, but haven't sold $100 worth.  Semi-success.

3. Weekly spending reports:  Does anyone else find it hard to keep track of your spending in the summer months? I feel like every weekend there is some kind of event which involves spending. No, just me?! Oh well... FAIL!

4. Fix/sell clothes: Took clothes to the cleaners, the rest are for sale. Success!

5. 4 new meals and continued meal planning: Yeaaahhh, about that. I think there were only 2 new meals, but I haven't been keeping track like I've wanted to. Semi-success?!

6. Apply for 10 career-oriented positions: Fail, fail, EPIC FAIL! In my defense, I've been helping C find jobs, as his school recently closed (he's a teacher). So I've been looking, just not for myself. 


2 success, 2 semis, and 2 fails... gotta try harder next month!
My goals for July are the same, with the exception of #6 to "Find C a job". 

How are you doing with your goals?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Goals are hard because sometimes in order to really succeed at some you have to let others fall be the wayside for a bit. Looks to me like you're doing great!

    Love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goal of having a weekly spending report. I really need to start that as well, because I agree - it's SO hard to keep track in the summer:) Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a fairly similar result that you did this month. Half success, half fail, and a couple halfways. I can't wait to recap at the end of July; I think my goals this month are easier to achieve than last. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need to add saving money on mine as well! my spending habits could definitely be improved.

    i haven't been doing very good with meal planning and cooking either... i think its the heat! i went to the grocery store today and literally only bought fruit, salad and popsicles. lol

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on saving money! I need to get back into that but buying a house makes it hard!

    ReplyDelete