Good morning and Happy Thursday friends! By this time tomorrow I will be in sunny, hot New Orleans, so I thought this would be the perfect time to share what's in my suitcase with Shay!
I received my suitcase as a birthday present before a trip a few years ago. I love it because it's "official" carry-on size, it's hardshell (so no bulging sides!), and it's an upright spinner. I thought people with upright luggage were kind of bougie - like, who can't you just drag it behind you like everyone else?- until I had one. They are so much easier to roll around! Also pictured is Mopey Batman. He comes with us on all of our trips and partakes in our adventures with us. And my Starbucks, because the only time I buy Starbucks is when traveling- it's like an extra treat!
So what's inside? The mesh side is the "top," where I keep my toiletries, jewelry, make-up, undergarments, and any other accessories, like belts or a small purse. The "bottom" has all of my regular clothes. I use the roll method of packing since I find it takes up so much less space.
I pack by outfit and event. This trip will be 4 days, including travel time. Not pictured is what I'll be wearing on the flight, which include sneakers, jeans, a long sleeve tee and a hoodie. I wear my heaviest/bulkiest clothes on the plane since I'm always cold.
The first outfit is simple jeans, tank and a cardigan (because as mentioned, I'm always cold). I'll probably wear this for our jazzy brunch and day of sightseeing/exploring. The one next to it is more of a casual evening outfit, for our evening ghost tour followed by some bar hopping. You can't tell form the picture, but those are capris. I'll probably be carrying either my hoodie or cardigan!
I'm not a big fan of shorts, but I love these bright floral ones from J Crew. They're elastic waist and SO comfy. We have one day that we're staying by the pool so these will be worn when we finally have to leave in search of food and wandering around.
The last outfit is a 3/4 sleeve button down and khaki capris. I thought this would be perfect for the airboat swamp tour we're going on.
Smaller things like chargers, gum, a few "in an emergency" type items like extra contacts and glasses are kept in my purse, along with my headphones and iPod (yes, I still love my iPod mini!). I'll probably bring a smaller paperback with me in there as well, but I have a lot of e-books on my phone too. And that's it!
What are some of your travel necessities?
Linking up with Shay!



No comments:
Post a Comment