1. Pumpkinheads- Rainbow Rowell (Sept 2019): The first graphic novel by one of my favorite authors. Do I really need to say more? Oh, it's YA (aka my favorite genre) as well. And PUMPKINS! Perfect for fall!
2. Wayward Son- Rainbow Rowell (Oct 2019): I'm not a fan of series books. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know this was going to be a series until after I read the first one ::face palm:: I really enjoyed Carry On though, so yeah. I'm gonna continue on this one as long as the author does! (I kinda love the titles too... those lyrics are not lost on me!)
3. How To Skimm Your Life- The Skimm Inc. (June 2019- out now!): I'm not gonna lie; I'm not a huge fan of "self help" books. However, I've been a big fan of The Daily Skimm as a newsletter for awhile now. And now they wanna give me a whole book on how I should run my life? Why yes, I'm here for it. I honestly think it might be a bit young for my 35-year-old self, who has successfully worked and lived on my own for the last (at least) 10 years, but I'm willing to see what advice they have to offer. If nothing else, I can gift it to one of my millennial nieces.
4. Children of Vengeance of Virtue- Tomi Adeyemi (Dec 2019) : Another one I didn't know was going to be a series until I started it. I don't even like fantasy, but I fell in love with this epic tale and all of the strong characters. so I'm really looking forward to this follow-up.
5. The Testaments- Margaret Atwood: The follow-up to The Handmaid's Tale?! Finally! Unfortunately it's coming AFTER Season 2 of the miniseries (which I'm completely invested in), and while I'm still hoping it lives up to the original, I really don't see how it can compete with the show at this point. Fingers crossed though?!
Which books are you looking forward to in the coming months?
Linking up with The Artsy Reader Girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment