Thursday, May 17, 2018

Three on Thursday: Entertainment

Today I'm sharing three "entertainment" things I'm into right now with The Blended Blog! Here are some of my favorites and recommendations or what I'm looking forward to in movies, TV, books, and music... 

Movies

Wonder- I was hoping to read the book before seeing this one, but it was Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson, and it looked so cute that I couldn't wait. I'm not much of a crier but totally cried at the end of this one- such a sweet story! 



Image result

The Shape of Water- I actually just saw this last week. I was skeptical of the storyline "A woman falls in love with a sea creature? No, thank you" but I had a long flight and it was on. I'll admit that I was wrong to wait on this- I mean, it won so many awards, it couldn't be awful right? Right. It drew me right in, and by the end I was rooting for them. 


Image result

Get Out- I was nervous about this one because I'm not really into horror, but this was much more of a psychological thriller and WOW I was seriously taken back by just how well done this was. SO creepy, and definitely had me on the edge of my seat.


Image result

Movies (Coming Soon)

Ocean's 8 (June 8)

I've loved all of the Ocean movies, and I'm so excited about the all-girl, all-star cast! Especially love me some Sandra Bullock- it's been awhile since I've seen her in anything!



Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25)
I love all Star Wars movies and side-stories, so this will definitely be seen in theaters.



Deadpool 2 (May 18)
Ryan Reynolds action-comedy. Duh.



TV

WestWorld, Season 2 (April 22- HBO)
I already started watching this one and it's kind of confusing but also BLOWING ME AWAY. 



The Handmaid's Tale, Season 2 (April 25- Hulu)
So curious where they going to take this story now that they've finished covering the book.



Fahrenheit 451 (May 19- HBO)
I really didn't know too much about this story having never read the book, but the previews look too good to resist! And I love Michael B. Jordan- such a great actor.



Books (You can find me on GoodReads @lildesiqua)
I have a few Netgalley ARCs to read that I'm pretty excited about, and of course I want to read Fahrenheit 451 before watching the series! 

Smothered- Autumn Chiklis (expected publication August 7, 2018)

Image result for smothered autumn chiklis

After Nightfall- A.J. Banner  (expected publication August 7, 2018)

Image result for after nightfall

Fahrenheit 451- Ray Bradbury

Image result for fahrenheit 451

Music (You can find me on Spotify @lildesiqua)
I know this is only supposed to be 3, but there's just too much good stuff that I've found recently! 

New Light- John Mayer




I Like That- Janelle Monae

Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea- Fall Out Boys

Trust Fund Baby- Why Don't We



(F*ck A) Silver Lining - Panic! At the Disco

Never Say Die- Chvrches

La La - The Cab



What are some your your favorite books/movies/TV/songs right now? I'm always looking for recommendations!

10 comments:

  1. I share your candor about avoiding some movies (like "Get Out" and "The Shape of Water") because of their genre but then being pleasantly surprised by good art in them. I've learned not to pre-judge movies. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too scared to watch Get Out! We loved Wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to find a way to watch Fahrenheit 451!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved Get Out. And I need to see Wonder still - loved the book. I need to listen to some of these songs!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the trailer for Wonder and want to watch it. I adore Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson! It just looks like the sort of movie I'll need tissues for.
    Smothered sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Westworld!! Such a good show. Although, I have found this season to be confusing. So much that I have found myself watching each episode twice. Ha! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read Wonder. I do want to see the movie too because of the Julia and Owen! John Mayer makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to watch Wonder and Ocean's 8! I love the Ocean's movies!! The Shape of Water and Fahrenheit 451 look pretty good, too...
    Love me some Panic! At The Disco :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to Ocean's 8, I think it looks promising! I love the Ocean's movies and honestly the last one wasn't even that great so it's not like this one has a lot to live up to. I think it'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder! ugh so good. i loved the book and the movie. cried in both.
    so i had no idea what the shape of water was even about. you've sold me on it.
    get out sounds terrifying no thank you bye. haha.
    i really want to see oceans 8!
    i still have to watch the first season of handmaids tale - is the whole season 2 up now, or is it released weekly? i don't have hulu so i don't know.
    i know nothing about Fahrenheit 451 lol. i'll have to read it before watching it.

    ReplyDelete