For the Host/Hostess
Throw Blankets- I purchased this fox one last year, and it's soooo soft and cozy! (similar)
Dish/Tea Towel Sets- I always think these sound like a silly gift, and yet I put mine out every year!
Wine Accessories- stemless glasses and cute stoppers are always appreciated. This set is only $15!
Fancy Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate- William Sonoma has a delicious hot chocolate set, and I've never tried merlot-infused coffee, but it sure sounds intriguing!
Candles- I like these Rewined ones because they re-purpose old wine bottles and smell really great!
Coasters- Another one that seems small, but are practical and can be personalized.
A Coffee Table Book- "The Year of Cozy" has 125 crafts, recipes, and other homemade adventures.
Reed Diffusers- I never really got into these, but they look nice and smell amazing.
Gourmet Snacks- Panettone and Italian butter cookies are always popular choices, but what about something a little different like Irish Whiskey Caramels or a farmstead fruit spread set?
Pens/Stationary Sets- Perfect for
Gift Cards- An easy one for anyone!
(Small) Make Up Sets- This Benefit "Work It Girl" set has a bunch of their best sellers. (AndI may have gotten the Better Than Sex ornament for myself!)
Candy- Not a basket like this, but I always throw in a few favorites!
Water Bottles- I like these ones because they can fold up when you're done. This canvas one also comes with a carabiner to hook on when you're hiking or outdoors!
Phone Accessories- I like this useful USB keychain, but portable chargers or a new case work too!
Scratch Off Lottery Tickets- Is this just an NJ thing? I always give and get scratch offs!
Fun Socks- Personally these Blue Q ones are my fave, but fuzzy ones are a win too! Blue's family has a tradition for putting $2 in a pair of socks... not sure how or when it started but I like it! Taco socks, Banned Book socks, $10/ea.
Mugs- I don't know anyone who would turn down a funny, sarcastic, or cute mug! (Similar- $11.)
What's are you gifting host(esse)s or stuffing stocking with this year?



Those are all great gifts! I wouldn't be upset if I got any of them lol. I have a friend that would love the llama mug.
ReplyDeleteThis post just 100% convinced me to do a stocking for David this year, so thanks. Fun story about scratch-offs - my family always gives them for random occasions (Easter?) and sticks a few in cards, and my mom put one in David's birthday card this year... and he had no idea how to use it. He'd never done one before! I had to "teach" him how it works. It was precious and adorable but anyway, yeah, maybe it is a regional thing? He grew up in NJ but hasn't lived there for 12 years, so.
ReplyDeleteFun ideas! I keep seeing commercials lately about giving lottery tickets as gifts, so maybe it's bigger in NJ, but I think other states are starting to get into it! lol I would totally be okay with getting a mug, candy, socks, etc. I have The Year of Cozy book - I'm making my way through it now. It's a cute gift idea for sure!
ReplyDelete-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net
I love gift guides! I love that fox throw blanket, foxes are my favorite! And I always love fun new socks!
ReplyDeleteBeth
The Beth Next Door
For some weird reason, I have a mug addiction right now and I would totally love to get a mug from someone as a hostess gift. Of course wine or any sort of alcohol to add to the festivities is definitely welcome and candles are always a winner too!
ReplyDeleteI love Blue Q stuff. I had placed an order there Black Friday for a few gifts for people and they sent me $35 worth of stuff for free...so even more gifts! I think they are doing it again right now. I always see the Rewined candles at Pottery Barn but I have yet to actually purchase one. They smell so good in there! And coffee table books are always the best to get because they are something you would like to have...but dont necessarily want to spend the money on yourself. You know? Great picks!
ReplyDeleteStocking stuffers are my favorite gifts of all. You have so many great ideas! I love the stemless wine glasses, and need a new water bottle. That fox throw is super cute.
ReplyDeleteOMG I NEED THAT CAT WINE SET FROM MODCLOTH.
ReplyDeleteevery time i go to modcloth i spend a million dollars (or so). it's a problem.
gift cards are legit my favourite gifts ever. to give and receive. it's like free money! and yes ALL THE MUGS.
I love WS hot cocoa! I make that for me and Swiss Miss for my kids. Haha! I don't drink wine, but think the Rewined candles would be an awesome gift to give. My mom has been putting scratch tickets in our stockings since we were kids and still does to this day! It's nice to take a little break from opening presents to see if anyone won any money. I got some for my kids for the first time this year!
ReplyDeleteSo many great ideas. I totally want that benefit set! And who doesn't love candles. I just picked up a few of the holiday nest candles. They smell so good.
ReplyDeleteObviously, mugs are in my top spot to get and give!
ReplyDelete