Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tuesday Topics: 7 Places To Visit

When Jenn listed "7 Places You Most Want to Visit" in her Tuesday Topics, I thought it would be a breeze. Man, was I wrong! There are waaaaay more than 7 places I want to visit! So I decided to narrow it down to 7 places within the U.S. And then I found 7 things within those 7 places that I really want to see/eat/do. 

Nashville 
Image result for nashville


PNW (Seattle/Portland)
Image result for things to do in portland

San Francisco
  • drive down Lombard Street and see the Painted Ladies- particularly the "Full House" house
  • ride in a cable car
  • picnic in Golden Gate Park and see the Golden Gate bridge
  • Fisherman's Wharf
  • The Tom and Jerry Christmas Tree
  • Alcatraz night tour
  • check out the Muir Woods- redwood forest

Austin TX
  • Shop the funky, eclectic shops on South Congress Ave and wait for the Congress Ave bats
  • BBQ in general
  • Swim in Hamilton's Pool and float down the San Marcos River
  • Friday Night Lights driving tour
  • Climb to the top of the Baylor Street Art Wall
  • Stubb's BBQ for live music
  • The "Cathedral of Junk
Image result for congress ave bats


Chicago
  • deep dish @ Pequod's, Chicago dogs @ Superdawg, and Chicago Italian beef at Al's
  • The tourist-y stuff: check out the "Bean", Sears Willis Tower, and Navy Pier
  • Cubs, Bears, or Blackhawks game
  • Fulton Market
  • 1893 World Fair tour
  • The Shedd Aquarium
  • Stand up comedy at Second City- I didn't know stand up comedy was a "thing" Chicago was famous for, but Steph said it is so I'll take her word on it! 


Image result for chicago

Maine/Vermont area
  • try "creemee" and Sugar on Snow at Morse Farm (and buy some syrup)
  • check out Paul Bunyan, the world's largest telephone, the world's largest blueberry (the fruit of Maine), and The Fisherman
  • Alchemist Brewery, Hill Farmstead, Allagash Brewery, Oxbow Brewing Co, Maine Beer Co. 
  • Take a fall foliage drive along Rt. 100
  • Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory and Vermont Teddy Bear company
  • LL Bean flagship store
  • lobster roll at Red's Eats or the Clam Shack


Las Vegas (Going in December!) 

  • Britney Spears concert- her run in Vegas is ending at the end of this year! 
  • Cirque du Solieil Zumanity show
  • Gambling- duh
  • Helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon
  • Tour of The Neon Museum  and the Mob Museum, ride the High Roller (world's largest observation wheel, check out the Shark Reef Aquarium
  • Food- Lotus of Siam (Thai),  The Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace, breakfast at The Peppermill (where Casino and Showgirls were filmed), In-n-Out Burger (we don't have those here), and dinner at Giada in The Cromwell- her only restaurant!
  • Off the Strip- check out Pawn Stars and Henderson, NV for Ethel M's Chocolate Factory (and cacti garden) and a few breweries



Las Vegas Skyline Virtual Tour



What's are your list? 
Have you been to any of these places or have any recommendations for me? 
Linking up with Jenn for Tuesday Topics

9 comments:

  1. This is great and gives me so many travel ideas, especially finding so places to go while you are in each place! I have the travel bug now for sure!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birmingham never makes anyone list of places to visit :( BOOOO I would love to visit all of these places!! I have been to Nashville before, but it has been 7 years and I would like to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! So many awesome places to visit! Have been to Las Vegas (many many years ago). Would love to go again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how you tackled this post, lady. THANK you SO much for linking up!! i enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, there are so many places I want to visit - in the U.S. and out. You have some good ones here! Chicago IS known for comedy - so many people on SNL and famous comedians started there. I've been but never seen a comedy or Second City show; that would be fun. I want to visit chicago again and explore more!

    I also really want to visit Las Vegas!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to all of these! Chicago is pretty much my favorite city! That, & NOLA. I would love to go back to Nashville & Vegas to see & do more. The rest are all also on my list. Maine & the PNW are close to the top for next places in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someday I will make it to San Fran/anywhere in California. It's on my list. Chicago is probably my favorite "big city" that I've been to. Oh, & Vegas, love Vegas. I was just there this past Spring but I totally want to go back right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd go to any of these places! I really want to visit Chicago and Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so much to comment on! YES! Come to Seattle! But wait until the renovation is done at the Space Needle. It's gonna be awesome. I spent one night in Nashville because I was on a road trip, but really want to go back and do so much more! I did see an Opry show though and that was really cool! An Alcatraz night tour would be amazing! It was already pretty creepy during the day. Second City is so fun! I think it's mostly improv though, not stand up. It's where tons of SNL people came from! I want to go to Maine and Vermont too! In the winter. :) Are you going to Britney? We're going down for Jacob's birthday and I don't think I can convince him to go. I saw her a few years ago, so I'm ok skipping it, but it'd be a blast to see her again! You have all great stuff on your Vegas list.

    ReplyDelete