Thursday, March 9, 2017

March Goals

Let's start with a little review of how I did last month...

February Goals
  • continue working on "Do It Now." I think so? I'm not too sure. I need to make my goals more quantitative/ measurable.
  • Read 2 books. Done! Will share on Show Us Your Books (3/14) 
  • recreate/re-establish evening schedule. I used to have one, but with winter and my desire to hibernate, I've completely just go home and eat and lay under a bunch of blankets. I need to get back into a routine. Big Fat Nope on this one. Instead, I bought myself an extra blanket. (But it has foxes on it! I'd wanted it from 6 months ago and it was finally restocked! I even waited until 3/1. Not even a little bit mad about it. )
  • Get taxes done.Done and already got my refund check! WOOT! 
  • No Spend February. The allowances really helped me out. Success! 
  • 21 Bags in 21 Days. 18/21 not too shabby! 





  • 8 bags (and 1 box) of garbage- actual garbage, expired goods from every cupboard and my fridge/freezer, holey socks, uncomfortable undies, mis-shaped bras, and 1 box of (expired) bathroom crap that was sitting in my closet since I moved (over 2 years ago...oof). 
  • 2 large bags of (mostly clothing) donations
  • 1 bag to Plato's Closet
  • 1 bag to ThredUp
  • 4 bags of recyclables- expired vinegars (who knew apple cider and white vinegar could expire?!), bags of plastic bags, newspapers and mail, wine bottles, and empty BBW candles that I thought I'd use for storing small bathroom things but were really just taking up space in my freezer. (I didn't realize this was a problem until Blue was looking in my freezer for ice and pointed them out. Oops.) 
  • 1 small bag of books to the library 

And now for this month!

March Small Goals
  • Open a savings account. Especially with my tax refunding coming in, and a recent cyber security attack at work where they thought I was a victim of the breach where hackers stole employees' direct deposit checks. 
  • Clean out at least one closet. It's time. 
  • Make my lady doctor appointment. I'm tired of having to take time off work because my cramps are so bad I can't move. It was better when I was on BC, and I need to get back on it, STAT. 
  • Get a facial. I'm tired of trying to figure out what works and what doesn't with nary any results. I just need someone to get in there and fix it. (This is my scariest, because I've only had one othe facial in my life, when I was 18 and my mom "thought it was a good idea." She didn't warn me that some woman would put a huge light on me and start extricating every pore on my face. I'm still a bit mentally scarred from that experience.) 
  • Read 2 books. Again, halfway through one, and another on deck. I've already come to terms with the fact that I won't finish Erin's challenge in time, but I want to keep my recent momentum going. 

What are some of your goals this month? 
Linking up with writes like a girl and Kristin

8 comments:

  1. It took me until my later 30s to figure out what works for my face. I always thought I had oily skin but I actually don't. Who knew. LOL

    It's amazing how much actual garbage is in our homes, isn't it? I always think My God how did this pile up and why do I still have something that expired two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job with the 18 bags! So liberating to get clutter out of there. I'm always so torn with things that COULD be repurposed, like candle jars... but I finally realized I know myself and I'm not gonna take the time to clean out all that wax and repurpose the jars. It feels wasteful but having them take up space at home waiting to be DIYed is just a waste of space.

    I have to do my taxes and I'm dreading it. It's on the to do list for this month, ugh.

    I can't imagine how much pain I would have dealt with over the last decade if I weren't on hormonal birth control. Hope you find a solution that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the decluttering! I did a massive purge 2 years ago, but sadly I think I need to do another, even though I promised myself that I'd never let my house get in that shape again. For the most part, the house is in good shape, with the exception of my bedroom and closet.

    I don't have any goals for the month. I have some seasonal goals I've been working towards, but I haven't really done well with them this winter. Oh, well. There's always spring.

    Visiting from Stuff & Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a great job with your goals & the purge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done a great job on decluttering! I so need to do that. Please please please make an appointment with your lady dr! If your cramps are that bad, you shouldn't have to suffer for it. I know I have been there. Going on BC was on the best things I ever did. It helped so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purging things you don't use/need feels so good! I bet you feel "lighter" and everything.

    What kind of skin issues are you having? I've been through it all and, while I DO work as a consultant for Rodan and Fields, I'm pretty good at talking about skin problems in general now. I've heard a lot of stories.

    And yeah, scheduling doctors' appointments always feels like a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 18 bags is still SO good! I need to do something like that while I'm spring cleaning. I want to get a facial too, but I'm so scared. My face is really sensitive and gets red so I'm sure I'll look like a monster when I'm done for a few days. Haha! But I've heard such great things and my skin probably needs it. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm... how do you not have a savings account?! I mean, don't get me wrong, mine is usually empty, but they come with checking accounts.

    ReplyDelete