![]() |
| photo credit: jmalley11 |
Currently... I've been MIA here. It's been an unexpected break, but there has been a serious lack of motivation on my end. Also, there was some fall-out from the last serious post I wrote. As in, I felt so much better afterwards that I decided to share it with my mom (who doesn't read my blog), only to learn that a lot of what I thought I knew about that time was wrong. Not that bad things didn't happen, but I'd forgotten a lot of other, better/good, stuff. And she kept pressing me, asking "But don't you want to know what really happened? What the reality was?" Um no, not really. Now that I've finally let go, I'm going to change my entire perception? Those memories have been my reality of what happened for the last 30 years. Why bring up old stuff? I've finally come to terms with everything, and it's so far in the past. I've been trying to figure out if I want to know, but my gut is saying let it goooooo. So that's been a fairly constant internal battle.
Other than that, I've just been trucking along at work, hoping for the best, and enjoying the summer. This month is entirely booked and I'm so excited to see everyone and do all the outdoor things. I love summer! Here's what else is currently going on.
Reading: Falling by Jane Green
Listening to: Play! List #11: Effortless Summer
Watching: Grey's, Gilmore Girls (starting S6!)... that's about it. Any suggestions?
Planning: when to do all the things on my Summer Bucket List! 4/15 done so far and dates set for a few others!
Loving: a super short work week as today is my Friday. 3 days should be the new norm.
Making: headway on Erin's 5.0 Book Challenge. Don't forget the Read My Books Challenge link-up next week! There are prizes to be won!
Organizing: my workspace at work. We are moving to a new office building at the end of the month.
Smelling: all the candles I purchased during the BBW sale.
Bookmarking/Pinning: cute summery house stuffs
![]() |
| Bath & Body Works - $3.50 |
![]() |
| Francesca's - $6 |
![]() |
| Target - $10 |
Toasting: all the summer ales. Brooklyn Summer Ale by Brooklyn Brewery, Summer Love by Victory Brewing Co. , A Lil' Sumpin' Sumpin' (love that name) and Daytime Fractional IPA by Lagunitas Brewing Co. are my faves so far. You can check out my other faves and misses on Untappd!
Going: camping tomorrow! Or I should say, "glamping," as we will be in an air conditioned cabin with beds, wifi, and cable TV. I'm not excited for the rafting portion (90 degrees with 90% humidity? Ugh), but definitely looking forward to grilling and drinks and seeing people I haven't seen in nearly a year.
Wearing: as little as possible while still keeping my dignity as we are experiencing a heat wave here in the Northeast. And learning that 3/4 of my summer clothes is from Old Navy.
Wishlisting: Cheap jewelry from Francesca's. Why am I just hearing that they sell online now?! They also just opened a store in the town where I work, so I see a trip there in my future!
What's up with you currently?
Linking up with Anne, Jenna, Kristen and Gretchen!
What's up with you currently?
Linking up with Anne, Jenna, Kristen and Gretchen!





francescas online is so dangerous haha. i love their earrings and dresses.
ReplyDeleteoh and i totally feel you - i missed your father's day post because i tend to stay away from anything about fathers, thinking that they will be good posts rather than bad ones - if that makes sense. i do not have a good father so i don't want to read about other people's good fathers, so i stay away from all father posts. anyway! god, rambles. i just read your post, and then what your mom said.. i have a lot of feelings and memories about my own father, and i have said things a time or two and my mum has corrected me, but i don't want to hear it. i have the memories, whether skewed or not, and i know what kind of person he was after that, and i have no intention of ever changing my opinion. i wish i'd had a good father, but i didn't, and there is no point dwelling on it. i haven't forgiven him, but i don't hold on to it, i've moved on and sometimes i forget he was even part of my life. he is dead now (that sounds so callous, no matter how i write it) but still. sometimes the past is best left in the past.
anyway. sorry for my rambles! how are you liking falling by jane green? netgalley rudely declined my request for that one, but i do want to read it.
My father situation has kind of been the opposite, because I keep hearing bad things that I didn't know or remember. I think I blocked a lot of bad stuff out. Also, being so much younger than my brothers I was naive for a long time. Either way, it's weird to know that the memories you have aren't right or aren't complete, or whatever.
ReplyDeleteCamping = no, glamping = yes. Beds, A/C, wifi, TV? Sign me up! I could probably even do it without wifi and TV. Really roughing it. Haha!
Sorry about the emotional fallout after your Father's Day post. I didn't respond to it because I felt like I couldn't without dredging up a lot of my own stuff, and I know what you mean about YOUR reality and making peace with things as you understood them. I reached a point recently where I decided that life has enough emotional agony and mine certainly has...sometimes it's better to just turn the other way and move on with your life in the healthiest and most positive way you can.
ReplyDeleteSo many people have tomorrow off! I made sure I don't have any work due tomorrow and my guy is taking off too so we can start our weekend trip as early as possible. 3-day workweeks, I'm totally on board with ya ;)
I love Francesca dresses! I hope that you have a great time on your glamping trip!
ReplyDeletePart of me likes my own reality but another part of me knows that it's not always the truth. I typically want to know it all. Sorry for the fallout from it!
ReplyDeleteGood lord I hope this humidity breaks soon.
It is incredibly hot here too but my work place is freezing cold! Kind of have to suffer the heat until I reach. hehe
ReplyDeleteI have been obsessed with 'Orange is the New Black' if you haven't gotten into it yet.
Ooh I'm a sucker for inexpensive jewelry. And I've never watched any Gilmore Girls but have been thinking about starting on Netflix... am I going to get totally sucked in?! Thanks for linking up :)
ReplyDeleteTapping into such personal memories can be so difficult. I still think it's a good exercise to tackle them, but by setting your own rules and boundaries. You have to take care of yourself and protect yourself, you know?
ReplyDeleteHave fun "glamping"!!!
about 90% of my clothing is from old navy because cheap and it looks decent. sometimes the fit isn't that great but you know...cheap :)
ReplyDeletesorry to hear about the fallout from the whole father thing. sometimes when you've made peace with it, you just need to be content with that and let it all go, regardless of what (actually) happened.
Oh gosh that's rough about your last post. I can definitely see where you are coming from on not wanting to change your perspective. Family stuff is so tough. I've been feeling those family things this past week as well. :( Glad you are making headway on the reading and planning to go glamping. That playlist looks amazing. Seriously, going to have to give it a listen. I linked up, June was a bit of a bummer month for getting anything done, out of town too much. But I've been reading a great book and hanging out with KC. So, life's pretty good. ;) XO - Alexandra
ReplyDeleteSimply Alexandra: My Favorite Things
I want to read Falling!!! I got rejected for it in Netgalley. So rude!!! How is it??? Mmmmm BBW candles and wallflowers are just the best! Have you watched House of Cards?? I think I like it even better than Scandal! I love love love Francesca's and am trying to stay far away from it right now because I am like give me all the things!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the backlash on your post :( I've experienced something similar with my mom recently and it's not fun. I'm happy to hear you're moving on though! Thanks for linking up with us :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoyed your long weekend! I would love for 3 day weekends to be the norm, so if you figure out how to make that a thing please share your secrets! ;)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the backlash, that's no fun. I am glad that you are back though after a lil break. A lil break never hurts from time to time. :)
ReplyDeleteFrancesca's sells online?! You know where to find me!
ReplyDelete