1. It's 2013! What will be the first thing you do that is memorable?
Midnight kiss :-*
2. It's also income tax season... what do you plan on doing with all of that $$$?
Debating between putting it away in savings or paying off some debt.
3. What are your 2012 pros/cons?
Pros:
Cons:
4. What are you looking forward to this year?
Accomplishing my goals and wishes! [see below]
5. What was your favorite movie, CD album, book of 2012?
Movie: The Hobbit
CD: Florence and the Machine
Book: Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn
TV Show: hmmm.... I'm not sure!
And now for some Goals and Wishes (aka resolutions)
Get A New Job/ Career
I am so grateful to have a job. However, it's a dead end job which gets me nowhere. I want a career. And preferably one that is closer than 2 hours to where I live- my current commute is just too long. Otherwise I will have to add "Move" to this list!
Read 20 Books
Last year I read 25, but I felt some pressure to read shorter books in order to finish in time.
Go On Vacation
Last year we went on vacation to Florida for an extended weekend in March. I was planning on getting away for my birthday, but it didn't work out. I need some island time in my life!
Print Pictures and Make a Scrapbook
Hopefully this will help:
Save Save Save!
I plan to do this by:
- saving 10% of each paycheck
- participating in the 52 Week Money Challenge
- doing a Money Minute everyday: this just means checking up on my accounts. It literally takes one minute. However I'm forgetful, so I set up an alarm reminder on my phone!
DeClutter/ Simplify
C has decided to join me in this (praise the heavens!). Last year, I did a major clothing haul. Now it's his turn! We also need to clear some things from the our outdoor storage closet (goodbye Ab Roller from 1998!) and some kitchen stuffs. And Tupperware. (Does anyone else have a tower of Tupperware? Mine is threatening to tumble over any minute!)
Pay Off (at least) One Student Loan
I plan to do this by:
- revisiting my budget
- tracking expenses
- going on a 3 month Spending Freeze (eek!)
- Side Hustles; hopefully $100/month
I plan to do this by:
- revisiting my budget
- tracking expenses
- going on a 3 month Spending Freeze (eek!)
- Side Hustles; hopefully $100/month
Work on Company
Did you know that I co-own a company? No? Maybe because it's barely off the ground and I'm embarrassed by our lack of progress. Hopefully this year, we'll get our act together!
Did you know that I co-own a company? No? Maybe because it's barely off the ground and I'm embarrassed by our lack of progress. Hopefully this year, we'll get our act together!
Learn to Say No
I say yes to every event/dinner/outing. I need to cut back in order to save some $$
Line-A-Day
Usually a monthly goal of mine is to write at least one line down in a journal every day. I've been keeping journals since I was a kid and I love going back and seeing what I was like/what was going on in my life, so I need to actually write it so I have something to look back on!
I say yes to every event/dinner/outing. I need to cut back in order to save some $$
Line-A-Day
Usually a monthly goal of mine is to write at least one line down in a journal every day. I've been keeping journals since I was a kid and I love going back and seeing what I was like/what was going on in my life, so I need to actually write it so I have something to look back on!
Get Engaged
That's right, I said it! C and I have been together for 4 years, and living together for 3. Last December (2011, not last week) we went ring shopping the day after Christmas. So I thought last year would be the year. But then C's school closed down (he's a teacher), and he was unemployed for 6 months. This put a big wrench inmy our plans, but I hope this is the year!
That's right, I said it! C and I have been together for 4 years, and living together for 3. Last December (2011, not last week) we went ring shopping the day after Christmas. So I thought last year would be the year. But then C's school closed down (he's a teacher), and he was unemployed for 6 months. This put a big wrench in
Good luck with all of your goals!
ReplyDeleteThese are great goals! I plan on saving too! No scratch that I AM going to save this year! We can do it!
ReplyDeletegood luck with your 2013 goals. I lol'd at 'side hustle'!
ReplyDeleteYour goals are fabulous. I've seen that 52 weeks of saving picture all over Facebook and I am tempted to give it a shot! An extra grand wouldn't hurt. I know we've both been working on those savings accounts so here's to 2013 being our year and getting those numbers to grow! Show me the money baby!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Side hustles? Your own company? Do share!
I love all of your goals. I think I'm going to do that money challenge!! I really want to pay off debt and save this year!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this and I love that you shared it. That 52 week challenge for savings is cool, I think I'm gonna add that to the savings goals I already have for this year.
ReplyDeleteI really just adore you and your blog. You're so down to earth and focused. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with the rest of us!!
B